• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Np218

BSLogic

Hey guys. I'm new here (pretty new owner, too). I recently found out my transfer case has been running dry probably since before i bought my HMMWV. I decided to pull it out and rebuild it, and when I got it out I found a hole on the passenger side. It's a machined hole, but I could not find anything in the vicinity that would go in it, and I can't find anything in the TM. Any ideas as to what it is? Thanks in advance.20181123_181019.jpg
20181123_181022.jpg

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hole used for a jig for location/alingment during the machining and assembly process.

Dock Rocker

Is it suppose to be plugged with something? It's wide open and blows oil like mad. 15 minute drive dumped most of the gallon I put in.
It’s definitely not supposed to be open. Does it have threads? If so put a plug in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gets a rubber plug from the factory, not uncommon to leak when the plug gets old and dry, I clean it real well with brake cleaner and load it up with RTV....problem solved

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The correct plug should cost $1.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks