• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

checking oil level on a deuce

beastm35

Its been said to me the why to check oil is hot, then no cold with a single oil pan with a single drain hole its better to check cold because all the oil is in the pan.But with the deuce its has a split pan with two drain holes so all the oil is not in the section with the dip stick in it.So if the truck is level what is the best way to check oil?? MY theory is it should have two dip sticks but its does not so how do you know if the oil is low and if you add oil your not over filling.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are right regarding the oil pan having two deeper areas with the recess for the axle in between them. That is different than having two complete separate sumps. Consider that, when the right amount of oil is in the pan, the oil level is quite a bit above the height of that recess. so it does not matter whether you have one dip stick or two.

The TM gives clear instructions on how to check the oil level. http://www.jatonkam35s.com/DeuceTechnicalManuals/TM9-2320-209-10-2.pdf
Page 1-8

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks