• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake system question

chuck500cc

So if I see the "brake" light on the dash of an M35 there is a good chance it is a later model truck with split brake system...right?

Chuck XD Fan

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes and no.

The later model M35A2C's have the dual brakes, and that has the BRAKE light in the middle of the dash.

There is also a retrofit kit for a "low air pressure warning light kit" that installs a red light in the same place on the dash, and that kit can be put on ANY M35A2.

Best way to check is get under the truck and look for the 2nd airpack. 2nd airpack = dual brakes

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
My 2 1971 M109's have the hole for the light, and it was there at some point because the paint is chipped off, but the light has been removed and the wire was ziptied up under the dash

steelandcanvas

emmado22 said:
Yes and no.

The later model M35A2C's have the dual brakes, and that has the BRAKE light in the middle of the dash.

There is also a retrofit kit for a "low air pressure warning light kit" that installs the same BRAKE light in the same place on the dash, and that kit can be put on ANY M35A2.

Best way to check is get under the truck and look for the 2nd airpack. 2nd airpack = dual brakes
I thought the "air pressure warning light" was just a red lens covering the lamp, Does it say "BRAKE"?

chuck500cc

I have seen a few trucks on GL with a "brake" light on the dash. A couple of those high dollars one at Camp L. NC.

Chuck XD Fan

jwaller

I want to install the brake light on mine but I havent seen how it's mounted to the hand brake lever. I can get the switch but cant find the docs needed to install it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
there is a nos mwo kit on ebay now, somebody get the kit, then make up the bracket, reprint the instuctions, ect. for the rest of us

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The kit that adds the red light runs off of 24V+ that comes from the switch that makes the buzzer buzz.. So if you DONT hear the buzzer, you might see the light... :shock: :shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks