Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MEP-803A Spare Parts

Private
    Thanks

Default MEP-803A Spare Parts

Hi all, First post here and after reading a lot I can see that I've come to the right place. I have recently acquired a fairly low hour(after reset) 803A. getting ready to ship it to a very remote area in Alaska and want to make sure i have any and all spare parts i could possibly need. other than the obvious fan belt ,injectors, relays...I'm just not sure of what else. Genset currently runs perfectly and has just over 30 hours since reset i just want to make sure i have all my bases covered. Any help would be appreciated.

And first thing tomorrow going to see if the Fuse mod has been done for the Voltage regulator

Thanks in Advance

4 Star General Light in the Dark's Avatar
    Thanks

Welcome to SS. Would benefit us greatly if you gave us an inventory of what you already consider 'covered bases', so we dont double work. I have a number of ideas of things to list, but would be nice to get a baseline. I am sure the folks here can get you squared away.
    Non Semper Erit Aestas

Private
    Thanks

I don't know what the "problem areas" are. I am currently ready to order a couple back up relays and that one stupid expensive "switch". Voltage regulator, spare injector and pump, fan belt, and some various fuses. I also have 2 external fuel filters I'm going to be running my diesel through before it gets to the onboard one. I don't want to go overboard with a bunch of unnecessary parts however i want to make sure that i won't have a breakdown that can't be fixed.

General
    Thanks

Thermostats & gaskets, flex hoses, alternator, starter, return line hose, filters, fuel pump.

I can't imagine that you'd need much more that couldn't be ordered and shipped.....even to a remote spot.....everything else is getting there somehow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmitall For This Useful Post:

SalmonSlayer (11-27-2018)

Private
    Thanks

Thanks and yes i can get stuff shipped there but it can sometimes take weeks. Even amazon prime can take weeks to get there and I can't afford to be down that long. None of the big shipping carriers that we all use will deliver out there so i have to have parts flown in. a couple times a year i make a big load that gets barged in to where i am. It's cheaper for me to just make sure I have it with me when I load the container.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 652 Posts

Howdy,
    Yes, you are at the right place.

Go to this thread and gather what filters you want to keep on hand.

MEP-802A MEP-803A Filters and Parts

The 2nd post has quick links to many things to know about.

Since it has been RESET, it should have the quad winding fuse mod.

I would suggest that you fire the unit up and put a good load on it. Just to ensure it will operate before you put into that distant service site.

30 hours? John Deere break in oil, for break-in. The switch to a good artic grade diesel service oil for your climate. download all the TM's, batteries?, aux fuel line? drum adaptor? operating location? sheltered? standard exhaust sizing is 1 1/4" thread for re-directing exhaust and such.

The unit is able to gobble all types of fuels, you might need to add some fuel lubricant if the artic diesel is really a light #1, that will depend on your local artic temps and type of fuel used. You would gather this info from the final site area fuel supplier. Test the coolant in your unit to ensure it is ready for your running climate.
    Last edited by Daybreak; 11-27-2018 at 00:08.
    ~~Later Mike

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daybreak For This Useful Post:

Farmitall (11-27-2018), NormB (11-27-2018), SalmonSlayer (11-27-2018)

Thanks

Where are you going in Alaska? It was +38 along the Richardson Hwy today, S of Fairbanks. Rather hot for us, but there is no Global Warming. Still, I have learned that the only average we have is, there isn't one! Just be ready.

Any where in the Interior, this time of year, there should be only #1 fuel in it. Chemically treated fuel doesn't cut it!

General
    Thanks

Filters filter and more filters (there are kits on ebay), return lines, the well nut. Get rhe ultimate well nut. I have had one diode in the pannel make the set not produce power. There about $4 for 10 shipped on ebay.

Becids hard parts like that i would get a 5gal bucket of rotella engine oil, 1gal of 2 stroke to mix in the diesel and a few jugs of diesel antigel and anti algee.

Some parts of Alaska can be warmer than were i am in NY. But im 2hrs from NYC...i envy you not having to see people.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bmxenbrett For This Useful Post:

SalmonSlayer (11-27-2018)

Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bmxenbrett View Post
    Filters filter and more filters (there are kits on ebay), return lines, the well nut. Get rhe ultimate well nut. I have had one diode in the pannel make the set not produce power. There about $4 for 10 shipped on ebay..
    to which diodes are you referring? I'm still pretty new to this but i have all the TM's and can look up parts but I'm not really sure about everything I'm looking at behind the panel LOL .

Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rosco View Post
    Where are you going in Alaska? It was +38 along the Richardson Hwy today, S of Fairbanks. Rather hot for us, but there is no Global Warming. Still, I have learned that the only average we have is, there isn't one! Just be ready.

Any where in the Interior, this time of year, there should be only #1 fuel in it. Chemically treated fuel doesn't cut it!

Bristol Bay, just outside Dillingham. This will be a strictly summer operation during the Salmon season so i figure #2 Diesel should be fine as it won't be getting below probably +45 on the coolest days.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast