Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: MEP-803A Spare Parts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Light in the Dark For This Useful Post:

SalmonSlayer (11-30-2018)

Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmitall View Post
    Please don't leave for the boonies without a hard copy of the manuals. Its difficult enough in the lower 48 obtaining things....up there will be rough.
    Already have them all printed out and in a binder. all but the one maintenance manual that's over 700 pages. I've got it on my hard drive and should be ok with that. I do have smaller backup generators and solar battery bank if i need power

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SalmonSlayer For This Useful Post:

Farmitall (11-30-2018)

General
    Thanks

What are you running that you need a 10kw generator? Thats prety far out there for a/c or an electric water heater.

Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bmxenbrett View Post
    What are you running that you need a 10kw generator? Thats prety far out there for a/c or an electric water heater.
    unit will be powering a salmon processing facility. not a terribly large one but i need the startup power for the walk in freezer. Freezer uses i think 35 amps on startup then drops considerably. everything else should run no problem(lights, water pumps, vacuum packer, etc...) Having too much power is a bit of a concern so in order to combat wet stacking i plan on powering my cabin on it as well as charging a battery bank (for cabin power) for when the generator isn't running.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SalmonSlayer For This Useful Post:

Bmxenbrett (12-16-2018)

Colonel
    Thanks

Ill just chime in and fuel return lines. Make sure they are solid before going out (id replace them anyways, my personal opinion is the continental fabric hose that is used is garbage and is good for a season or 2 unless upgraded) and have enough line to redo it in the bush.
    It's not that I have too many generators, it's that I don't have enough room.

Colonel
    Thanks

Sounds like a blast. I'm sure you could convince a few knowledgeable people from steel soldiers to come help you in return for some fishing.
    mep803A [sold], MEP803A, MEP831A, MEP831A

Thanks

Just wanted to also say RODENT PROOF your unit. Mice can ruin just about anything that isn't protected. Good luck....

Private
    Thanks

Sorry been away for a while. finally finishing up the build process and got to test the 803 with the new freezer today. freezer ran great on the genset however noticing some issues on the panel. the frequency seems to be fluctuating and as i can seem to be able to keep it dialed in to 60 I'm wondering what causes the fluctuation. also i have almost nothing reading on the load % gauge. at one time it was reading about 55% with the freezer running and 2 1500W space heaters plugged in and running then out of nowhere dropped to about 3% and everything was still running. any ideas or info would be much appreciated thanks

General
    Thanks

Recent discussion will be worth a read: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...oltage-erratic

Thanks
    Thanked 4,646 Times in 2,272 Posts

Please define what fluctuations means to you.

Have you mesured/ tested your hertz reading with an independent meter?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast