• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mile Marker Winch Wiring Plug Number

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,
Does anyone know the part number for the plug that bolts to the dash for the winch controller? Or, if anyone has a spare wiring harness they want to sell let me know.
Thanks
Why buy an overpriced simple wire and plug? Why not just make what you need?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Dock Rocker

Have you looked in the TM for the winch? If the plug has an individual part number it will be in the exploded view of the winch TM.

If you’re too lazy to do that just call mile marker directly and ask them. They are easy to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dodgemain

Thanks for your smartass response to my post. I have already looked in the manual and it only lists a cable assembly. Unless I am missing it somewhere.

Have you looked in the TM for the winch? If the plug has an individual part number it will be in the exploded view of the winch TM.

If you’re too lazy to do that just call mile marker directly and ask them. They are easy to deal with.

papakb

Would someone with a Mile Marker winch please take a minute and go look for the MS connector part numbers stamped into the side of the connectors? That's all dodgemain is looking for. Once he has the part numbers it's an easy task to build up the harness.

Thanks

Dock Rocker

Thanks for your smartass response to my post. I have already looked in the manual and it only lists a cable assembly. Unless I am missing it somewhere.
That wasn’t a smarta$$ response. It’s just the truth.

Do your own homework if you can’t take a little ribbing.

Dock Rocker

Would someone with a Mile Marker winch please take a minute and go look for the MS connector part numbers stamped into the side of the connectors? That's all dodgemain is looking for. Once he has the part numbers it's an easy task to build up the harness.

Thanks
Why can’t he just called mile marker and get the part sent to him. They sell parts every day.

123mack

Do you have the controller? If so, look on the mating plug on the end of the controller cable. There should be a series of numbers. Write them down and call this guy: William Perry, 502-893-8724. Tell him you need the plug which mates up to it. He has helped me several times find Amphenol or Cannon type plugs. No website , business over phone , walk in or mail only.

Gear Report

Doh! Sorry, I read your initial question backwards. My bad. Here you go... From the parts TM... Microsoft Edge 11292018 114413 AM.jpgTM 9-2320-280-24P-2 HMMWV M998_series_Parts vol 2.pdf and 3 more pages ‎- Microsoft Edge 1.jpg

papakb

Prices for military MS connectors are high enough but by going to the OEMs they add their markup which can be substancial. An $80 connector from the manufacturer could end up costing hundreds. When I was at Varian the normal markup was X4.5 original cost. This same connector (when you know what to look for) might only cost $15 on the surplus market, so let's help this guy out. That's what we do here on the SS boards isn't it?

The part number is either printed on the connector or stamped into it so how hard would it be for someone to take a look at what's on their vehicle to give this guy a hand?

Gear Report

Prices for military MS connectors are high enough but by going to the OEMs they add their markup which can be substancial. An $80 connector from the manufacturer could end up costing hundreds. When I was at Varian the normal markup was X4.5 original cost. This same connector (when you know what to look for) might only cost $15 on the surplus market, so let's help this guy out. That's what we do here on the SS boards isn't it?The part number is either printed on the connector or stamped into it so how hard would it be for someone to take a look at what's on their vehicle to give this guy a hand?
Scroll up. Already provided the part diagram and part number listing page from TM. :)

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the connector :
cir030rv-14s-1s-f80
They are over $ 68 on net, and might have to buy sockets extra and they are crimp type.
I have a used one with 8" of wire sticking out.
You can splice on to it.
$ 30 shipped

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks