• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEI Distributor conversion

Hal_VT

There are several HEI (GM) distributor conversions for the Dodge 318 engine for sale from various places.

Has anyone used one in an M880? That is a huge distributor cap, compared to the stock one, and I am wondering whether it would fit without modifying the firewall.

I am sick of fighting with the stock ignition, and the associated rotting wiring. The conversions require just a hot wire from the switch and done. This is a working truck, and it should be working, not getting worked on.

N1265

The bigger distribuitor cap units will not fit without modifying the firewall. I did however do the HEI conversion with a smaller unit from Skip White with good results. ( have since had to replace the ignition modual x2 ) and went a step further the last time by locating the modual by the brake booster and using a standard GM one to make it easier to replace .

I have a video on Youtube under N1265 if you want to see my original install.

Hal_VT

Finally got my act together last winter and made the conversion, what a difference. Used the info from your YouTube video, and it went easily and worked instantly after installation.

Just now looking at my old posts and realized I never reported back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks