• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Tilt Lock Light

aleigh

Forgive me if this has been covered, I tried the search... But does anyone's M1078A0 cab tilt unlocked warning light actually work? Mine never has, and I think I eventually dug up the schematics and it doesn't even seem wired. There's certainly no wiring at the latch. Did they just include this warning lamp to mess with us?

I wonder if there is some kind of story here, like they repurposed the warning indicator from another truck, or, they intended to do it but at the last minute decided not to...

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if mine worked, although looking at the pin on the latch is not difficult either.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Not on the A0, so why is it in the display? I also have wondered about this, I wonder if it senses pressure on the cab lift cylinder.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Well that was just a guess, so why is it in the panel if it is just not available? What does the A1 have? Maybe it could be updated on the A0. Doesn't the latch have to have pressure to un-latch? So a pressure switch could be added to control the panel light.

Last edited:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Well the latch has a plunger to show it is locked, I wonder if there was a spot for a mechanical switch for that plunger to operate?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have never seen any type of sensor on any truck I have had. And there have been several a1s. Never checked for the dash light though.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I may have missed it but I don’t think I have seen it mentioned in the manual. And if that’s the case it wouldn’t be in the training so they probably wouldn’t know about it. I think they are trained to look at the indicator on the latch. Unless the latch was tapped for a switch or sensor I don’t see any practical way to operate an indicator.

Ronmar

Its not mentioned in the op manual. There is one indicator in the display schematic DS9 that is not labeled in the schematic, but the parts listing says it is the "dump body up" indicator. Its wire(2034) dead ends at connector P108 in the aux panel above the center console/heater assy. I see nothing else in the schematic for a cab latch circuit...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks