• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 White Smoke

rustystud

TRUCK UPDATE

The injector timing looks correct by the (Troubled Shooting Manual LDS-465-1 Multifuel engine). Also I can't see the timing being off cause I didn't have this problem before it sat around. So I cant see the timing jumping when it not moving. Also for the last few days I have been getting fire wood with truck. Been pushing the truck by leaving it in 4th gear and scramming it with a joke load of fire wood. All stack from front to back and to the top of the bed rails. Been also burning some oil with the diesel to help lubricate. Truck finally broke free yesterday in 5th gear on straightway was able to do 62mph but rpm only got to 2000rpm and the pedal was all way to the floor. Truck is improving but not wear it used to be and it still smokes. In the following weeks I am going to remove the IP pump and clean it & rebuild it. I am thinking the some thing with the IP is my problem.
Something doesn't add up here. You say you reached 62 MPH yet the Tachometer reads only 2000 RPM ? Do you have an "Overdrive Kit" installed ? I'm at 2400 RPM and only going 55 MPH in my Deuce ( or there about ) .
I'm not trying to "bust your chops" but I am curious.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
gunning it for the "white smoke' is useless
Let us know after three tankfuls used up
It doesn't even warm up unless under load, You'll see...........
Put the heat gun to the crankcase 8" aft and down from the fuel filters.
run run, Long time GI

WhoMe08721

Hey Guys,

Final figure out where most of my smoke was coming from when idling. Since march I have been running a 75% used oil to 25% diesel which lower the rpms at top speed and the truck runs a lot better over all. But the smoke was still there till last week I was under the truck and noticed diesel fuel dripping on me. Later that day I followed the diesel trail to the Intake flame heater. So I decided to delete it (never used it any way) and was going to upgrade to a Diesel Engine Ether Quick Start Kit. Now the truck runs great and no smoke at idling.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Guys,

Final figure out where most of my smoke was coming from when idling. Since march I have been running a 75% used oil to 25% diesel which lower the rpms at top speed and the truck runs a lot better over all. But the smoke was still there till last week I was under the truck and noticed diesel fuel dripping on me. Later that day I followed the diesel trail to the Intake flame heater. So I decided to delete it (never used it any way) and was going to upgrade to a Diesel Engine Ether Quick Start Kit. Now the truck runs great and no smoke at idling.
Yep when ever I have a truck that I am bypassing the FDC I take the flame heater out of the system at the same time. Glad you found your problem.

WhoMe08721

So what I did is I got a Diesel engine compression tester off amazon that when up to a 1000 PSI. Now for the cylinder adapter, I could not find the government issue one anywhere. So I made my own by boring out a old diesel injector and tig welding the fuel supply hole and add a gauge to the pressure top. It worked out great for me. The compression should be from 500 to 550 psi. The Compression test, step can be found in (TM-9-2815-204-35) on page 143. Also In my opinion if your pulling out your injector its a good time to clean them and pop test them. You will notice a big difference with clean adjusted injector. The steps for that can be found in (Troubleshooting the multifuel engine PDF). It is easy to do. The Diesel fuel injector tester or pop tester can be found on amazon. The only thing is you will have to make a adapter from the injector to the injector tester. But note there is a lot of psi on 2500 to 3000 psi. So if your not good at customer making thing, get so one that can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks