• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 12v alternator belt diagram

Ssgssej

Hey guys nee user first time post, I've been poring over the forums about the alternator situation for the m1008 and pretty much everything is for 24v. Mostly what I've seen about 12v system is "convert to 24v". While that may be something I do in the future I do not intend to do so currently. As it stands I am not very mechanically inclined and own a 12v m1008 wherein the alternator belt came off (seemed old and just wore itself off I guess). Brought the belt to eurozone and the guy found a replacement based on the numbers recovered from old belt. I installed it as best I knew how which was... not. I am basically trying to figure out if I ran the belt properly and if so did I tighten it properly, if not I would love to know how it is installed. I can post some pictures of the setup if necessary since I honestly have very little to no idea what I'm doing and lovely YouTube is no help. Thanks in advance for any/all assistance

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys nee user first time post, I've been poring over the forums about the alternator situation for the m1008 and pretty much everything is for 24v. Mostly what I've seen about 12v system is "convert to 24v". While that may be something I do in the future I do not intend to do so currently. As it stands I am not very mechanically inclined and own a 12v m1008 wherein the alternator belt came off (seemed old and just wore itself off I guess). Brought the belt to eurozone and the guy found a replacement based on the numbers recovered from old belt. I installed it as best I knew how which was... not. I am basically trying to figure out if I ran the belt properly and if so did I tighten it properly, if not I would love to know how it is installed. I can post some pictures of the setup if necessary since I honestly have very little to no idea what I'm doing and lovely YouTube is no help. Thanks in advance for any/all assistance
Most people do the Rosscommon conversion with both alternators . Any other conversion your pretty much on your own to figure out, it might help to post pictures of your set-up. Post #1 of this thread has a link to the Rosscommon guide (click on yellow text below).
[h=1]CUCV - Rosscommon 24v to 12v Conversion[/h]

Ssgssej

Ok fair enough, I honestly don't know enough about this to know what I'm looking at. I'm not sure which previous owner converted the truck to 12v but I will post some pics later

TGP (IL)

Welcome.

Pic's would help.

I have to wonder if he is even sure it was converted.
From what I have read you would think to some just seeing 12volt Alt. and bulbs would automatically
Assume it's converted not understanding the 12V/24Volt hybrid.

Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks