• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from the Frozen North! (MN new member)

dadahlberg3

Hi there!

Right off the bat - I'm looking into getting a Deuce. I'm willing to admit that at this point, I don't even know what I don't know yet about these machines. I may change my mind about which MV I want. I've been researching the idea for a whole week. ;)

My goal is to get a Deuce (or undetermined-other-truck) with a van body (or at least a covered bed), that I can use as a rolling art gallery. Like a food truck, only art. And bigger, louder and generally more awesome.

I've been a long-time military surplus enthusiast. I used to work in a surplus store which was pretty much a dream come true at the time (late 1990's), and I still look back fondly on that job.

I've also been a long time motorcyclist and car guy. I won't claim to be an expert, but I have turned a wrench or two with positive results.

My partner has been a gearhead all her life as well. She also can't wait to play around with / wrench on a huge old truck, and is pretty enthusiastic about the whole idea.

Anyway, stoked to be here, and I'm excited to see there are a few other Minnesotans here as well. :beer:

snowtrac nome

Maybe I could suggest something like an expanding shop van trailer, and a 5th wheel 5 ton or fmtv . otherwise the only alternative for getting any floor space is the rare 5 ton expand van.

18operator

Welcome from Northern Ohio! There are a couple of BBQ Deuces rolling around my area. I love to pull up behind them on the road. The smell is heavenly!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky. Find a nice M35. They all need alittle something done to them. It helps to have a mechanically inclined assistant. Working on Motorcycles and cars is a good start.Now you need to brush up on diesel theory/operation.
These trucks are very simple.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site from ND! Your going to want to get in contact with the Red Bull group out of the cities lots of trucks and good folks to get to know! Good luck with the Deuce!

Karl

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shop van comfort food

A big welcome to Minnisnowta from Snowberta. Sounds like a worthy belly filling adventure. There's nothing like an early deuce and some may say I'm partial to them. If you like to work on trucks, this one will can give you nearly as much maintenance as drive time. The little 190hp 302 licking up a gallon of petrol every 3 miles makes me thirsty so you should sell beer too.

If we're voting, this is the best looking truck in the fleet of all MV trucks and kept the continent safe during the atomic age. The name Atomic Kitchen is not taken but I'm guessing you'll be doing some 'branding' and locking a name down for a website too. All that work to do and now I'm really hungry. Maybe a ready to go truck would allow more time to spend on the business.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder....but if you like a challenge, look at this thing...how could a person not want to save one of these old girls. Best of luck on the decision.

207dent.JPG

dadahlberg3

Thanks for the warm welcome and suggestions, everyone! I really appreciate it.

Maybe I could suggest something like an expanding shop van trailer, and a 5th wheel 5 ton or fmtv . otherwise the only alternative for getting any floor space is the rare 5 ton expand van.
I haven't looked into the 5 tons much at all yet. I'll spend some time on that.

Welcome to the site from ND! Your going to want to get in contact with the Red Bull group out of the cities lots of trucks and good folks to get to know! Good luck with the Deuce!
Red bull group? Sounds fun! I think I have some googling to do...

A big welcome to Minnisnowta from Snowberta. Sounds like a worthy belly filling adventure. There's nothing like an early deuce and some may say I'm partial to them. If you like to work on trucks, this one will can give you nearly as much maintenance as drive time. The little 190hp 302 licking up a gallon of petrol every 3 miles makes me thirsty so you should sell beer too.

If we're voting, this is the best looking truck in the fleet of all MV trucks and kept the continent safe during the atomic age. The name Atomic Kitchen is not taken but I'm guessing you'll be doing some 'branding' and locking a name down for a website too. All that work to do and now I'm really hungry. Maybe a ready to go truck would allow more time to spend on the business.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder....but if you like a challenge, look at this thing...how could a person not want to save one of these old girls. Best of luck on the decision.

View attachment 749912
That is a nice looking truck! I'll definitely research it some more. Honestly, my goal is part art-business and part drive-around-something-unusual-on-the-regular.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks