• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1045A2 with seized engine...

Crapgame

Same body harness as the A2 is used with the 6.5l GEP and 6.5l NA, isn't it?

Except the ECV and M1151 trucks have the A/C wired into the body harness.

The M1045A2 has the 4speed transmission so you already have the TCM behind the driver's side rear passenger seat, and it has the 242 transfer case so the front and rear propeller shafts should remain the same.

Joe can look at my 6.5l GEP long block when I see him next weekend.

Gear Report

Ah!... Yes. I know who you are. lol
Joe is coming by in a couple of days to get the turret parts. James has been helping me with my truck, so he'll just bring the parts to me so Joe can get them.
I'm thinking it shouldn't be too bad to drop a turbo in, but have heard such different accounts on this. I think most folks probably are thinking of a 1st gen HMMWV not an A2.

Same body harness as the A2 is used with the 6.5l GEP and 6.5l NA, isn't it?
Except the ECV and M1151 trucks have the A/C wired into the body harness.
The M1045A2 has the 4speed transmission so you already have the TCM behind the driver's side rear passenger seat, and it has the 242 transfer case so the front and rear propeller shafts should remain the same.
Joe can look at my 6.5l GEP long block when I see him next weekend.

Crapgame

In my case with Joe's 1986 A0, I have to wire in the TCM, run 14v power to it from the 14v/28v 200amp generator, do a 1" body lift to make it easier and to clear 37" MT/Rs, have new front and rear propellor shafts made to mesh with the A0 front and rear differentials. I was told using an A2 body harness is easier way to go as it has the TCM cannon plug/Amphenol connector already in.

Crapgame

Rob R out of Athens, AL has some 6.5l GEP long blocks, with the 4speed, 242, and the transmission crossmember needed, all still bolted to the M1151 cut frame. $2200. Figure about $450 for the GI TCM/protective housing; $400 for the 4 speed shifter, but your M1045A2 shouldn't need those, and the M1045A2/M1043A2 should already be the right body lift height, the A1s and A2s are beefier frame rails and larger body mount bushings. Could be as simple as unbolting your NA from the 4 speed transmission, bolt the turbo short block on, call it good. I need to decide soon if I am going ahead with the A0 to 6.5l GEP turbo conversion or just sell it as is.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rob R out of Athens, AL has some 6.5l GEP long blocks, with the 4speed, 242, and the transmission crossmember needed, all still bolted to the M1151 cut frame. $2200. Figure about $450 for the GI TCM/protective housing; $400 for the 4 speed shifter, but your M1045A2 shouldn't need those, and the M1045A2/M1043A2 should already be the right body lift height, the A1s and A2s are beefier frame rails and larger body mount bushings. Could be as simple as unbolting your NA from the 4 speed transmission, bolt the turbo short block on, call it good. I need to decide soon if I am going ahead with the A0 to 6.5l GEP turbo conversion or just sell it as is.

The body still has to be cut for the turbo and exhaust clearance...

Crapgame

The body still has to be cut for the turbo and exhaust clearance...
The alterations under the doghouse right? The Warthog Build video shows a bit cut under the doghouse on the passenger side. Its the electrical stuff that scares me, chasing motorpool gremlins in a body wire harness without the test equipment at 3rd Shop level maintenance.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A2 harness will need mods to mate to a turbo eng. harness.
Body mounts are the same on A0 to A2 early.
Later ECV / REV trucks have the purple newer mounts....same size, they don't compress as much as rubber ones and they add a 3/8th to 1/2" spacer between
mount top and body for turbo trucks.
A/C system uses separate harnesses...not in body harness..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks