• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel balance?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Well what about it? Anyone balance their wheels? How is the weight of the CTIS stuff offset on the wheel? I balanced my M-35 wheels and found that it did not matter unless they were more than 16 oz out.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You can balance them .most don't need it. If it's got a slight shimmy then break it down and turn it a quarter turn on the wheel and reset the bead. Reinstall and see if it's better or worse.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Nothing. It does not need anything either with or without it. They are fine either way.

I've ran them on 5 ton trucks. With the valve and without. Nothing changes.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put 1600x20s on HEMTT rims on my M920 and I had to put about 70 oz of EQUAL tire balance material into each tire and that seemed to balance them just fine!
Karl

coachgeo

there is a couple threads in here on this topic that pretty much hits all the same questions and ideas being asked here. searching for ( Pellets, Equal, Tire ) Im guessing would find the threads

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is a couple threads in here on this topic that pretty much hits all the same questions and ideas being asked here. searching for ( Pellets, Equal, Tire ) Im guessing would find the threads
It's also recorded, with the threads referenced, in the "Common Issues & Fixes" guide in my signature here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks