• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner in Kentucky!!

Privatewrench

imagejpeg10.jpg

Bought a Deuce from a close friend back in October. No brakes, so I did a complete rebuild of MC, air pack, new lines and new wheel cylinders. Removed the axles and bearing while I was there and cleaned and repacked everything with fresh grease. Just finished last night and rolled it down the drive for a test. Well, actually, I thought I was done a few days ago, but the brake fluid would dump out of my slobber tube in the engine compartment. After some digging on this site, I found out that the TM for rebuilding air pack has an error on placement of 2 similar seals. Took the air pack apart, swapped the seal, and brakes are good!

This site is a fantastic resource of information, Thank you all for contributing!

77 AMG

Welcome, fellow Kentuckian! Good to hear about you getting your truck up and going. I am about a 1/2 hour East of Lexington, for what that is worth.Mine is still being sorted out, including the brakes. Which of the 2 seals are mis-located in the TM?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome truck and kudos for doing the job right, implementing the TMs and digging for the pertinent info.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Privatewrench finally surfaces...glad the parts and tools worked out. Nice truck, all original and un-molested Ft. Knox truck. Now it needs a good blast down the highway. Then change some fluids. I have the J pipe for it.
Nice work.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, the correct tools and tech manuals make the difference. Make a list of needs and we'll get looking. I have the tools to break down the wheels. Still have a flat tire?

Privatewrench

All 4 inners are flat. Surely not a huge deal since the outers are holding air and I'm not hauling anything, but I'll switch out the tubes anyway once I know I have it mechanically sound.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks