• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 831A vs MEP 701A

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For sure, its strange that the bigger machine is quieter... but thats the reality. I figure thats more amperage (ie more fuel) than is required. But the 803s sure are smooth runners.

Dock Rocker

For sure, its strange that the bigger machine is quieter... but thats the reality. I figure thats more amperage (ie more fuel) than is required. But the 803s sure are smooth runners.
The shackles on the corners are infuriatingly loud. I wanted to kick a puppy every time I cranked that 802. Some duct tape and a few zippy ties and that’s better.

You can’t even tell the 802 is running next to the Mep-003.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The shackles on the corners are infuriatingly loud. I wanted to kick a puppy every time I cranked that 802. Some duct tape and a few zippy ties and that’s better.

You can’t even tell the 802 is running next to the Mep-003.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try zip tieing a piece or two of that black split foam rubber pipe insulation on them to dampen the vibration.

I find the caninet door hold opens on the 803a to be a real nuisance noise.

Guyfang

Staff member
On an icy day the 802 will walk itself across my lot. I have had a bunch of them they will all do that.
This is a problem that drove me insane. Did not even have to be icy. Sometimes all I had to do is fine tune the injectors. Sometimes, when I was ready to jump from the roof, I pulled the main gen, backed off the bolts that hold the rotor to the flywheel, rotated the rotor a few times and torqued them back down. Twice, I found that the rubber vibration dampers were from a 803A.

AfghanVeteran2010

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since this thread is leading to noise control, on the 831a does the soundproofing degrade? One of my 831 is very quiet and the other is noisy. They both are running Kloppk's controller, they both have no missing soundproofing foam.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sealing around the covers does degrade. Replacing the seals can make a difference in noise level.

PETE BALLARD

I was looking at the last auction and was not in tune with the procedures, shame on me. I missed a couple that i wanted to buy. Do any of you have any MEP 831A for sale or direct me to someone who does?
thanks-pete

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Machines come up all the time, so don't worry there. Wait until you find the machine you want.... don't settle. You will regret it.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking at the last auction and was not in tune with the procedures, shame on me. I missed a couple that i wanted to buy. Do any of you have any MEP 831A for sale or direct me to someone who does?
thanks-pete
I have a contact in TX that has about 100 of them available.
PM me if interested and I'll send you his contact info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks