• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goat Parts

Bowmanvolfire

Hello Forum:

A scrap yard here in Wichita Falls Texas has recently acquired about 6-7 Goats. They were auctioned off by Oklahoma Forest Service and ended up here. They are rough but there might be some parts worth something to Forum members.

I would be happy to make another trip and see what is what in appreciation for the help Forum members have provided our VFD with our own issues.

Let me know.

John
Chief, BCVFD

Bowmanvolfire

Hello Forum:

I got photos of the Goats they have. However, the yard will not part them out. They would be happy to sell anyone interested a Goat for $3,000 a piece.

Will try and upload photos tomorrow.

John

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its funny how those goats have been discussed on this forum so many times over the years as they sat there at the forestry yard forever. Everyone speculated that they were going to be scrapped.

combat32

The vast majority of those trucks were transferred to Camp Gruber in eastern oklahoma to become hard targets before they were allowed to sell them. There is also a scrapyard south of Oklahoma City that bought a couple, same story, will sell whole but wont part them out.

Last edited:

combat32

Again i really appreciate your effort, i wish them luck at trying to move those at 3k each, i would probably go 1500 on a truck in similar condition, too many unknowns,

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The salvage yard in OK is:
Eagle Iron Metal, LLC
4302 OK-29
Marlow, OK 73055
(580) 658-6410

When I stopped by there a couple of years ago they would only sell whole units, They bought a dozen or so. Not sure if they still have them.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks