• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2019 Haspin

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, MAA! If you need something more dependable than your land rover my M1009 is for sale...;)

I hope to make another rally some day but it probably wont be this one.
He had a Subaru last year. How much more dependable do you want?

;-)

I won't be making the rally this year. I'm moving to Utah in a few weeks, and am trying to sell my MV's to help with the move. It's been fun, 'yall, but I wont be able to lead any trail runs this time around!
Sorry to see you go Cory. Best wishes for your new endeavors.
You and your M1009 were always an E-ticket ride. Thanks for many miles of smiles.
IMG_9130.jpg

Last edited:

Wire Fox

I won't be making the rally this year. I'm moving to Utah in a few weeks, and am trying to sell my MV's to help with the move. It's been fun, 'yall, but I wont be able to lead any trail runs this time around!
Oh man, I'm going to miss seeing you around at Haspin. Heading west is eventually on my list of trips to do, so I'll have to come visit so you can actually see the ****ed HMMWV actually running for once.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

SUPERSPORT

Anyone from eastern ohio/western pa/northern wv. Wanting to convoy to haspin?
I'm in Columbus so I could jump in line when you pass through.

I really want to go. Every year there is always "something" that stops me. Plus, nobody ever wants to go with me. I hate to embark on a 300 mile trip in a surplus military vehicle by myself.

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brother lives in Hilliard. I will probably take a break and spend the night there. Haven't decided what truck I want to take yet. Would you happen to have a tow bar with 1 inch pins for the just in case?

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
www.mvccnews.net/ Shrapnel, when you get settled down, come on out to the MVCC Events in April and September. We have several members from Utah who regularly attend, with the April meet being the largest on the West Coast. Check out the MVCC News for events. You never know, you might find a new MV to drive home...…..Good Luck on the move.

Last edited:

TheRainbowBoxer

I'm in Columbus so I could jump in line when you pass through.

I really want to go. Every year there is always "something" that stops me. Plus, nobody ever wants to go with me. I hate to embark on a 300 mile trip in a surplus military vehicle by myself.
We will be rolling by (270W) on Wednesday morning/noonish, if you want to hook up. Bus/Trailer/lawnmowers :D

SUPERSPORT

My brother lives in Hilliard. I will probably take a break and spend the night there. Haven't decided what truck I want to take yet. Would you happen to have a tow bar with 1 inch pins for the just in case?
If you're asking me, no but would be nice.

TheRainbowBoxer

Hey guys! I am having mower cycle gang shirts made again for this year's rally!
Let me know if you want any and what sizes you want. I'm guessing they'll be between $10 and $15.
Front Image:
Haspin16ShirtFront.jpg
Back Image:
badday10.png

Redzz02

I am in search of a soft top for a m35a2 cab if anyone has one for sale that is attending the rally, I am part of the mower group along with therainbowboxer^ But I recently purchased a 1970 m35a2 and the canvas top is leaking over my right shoulder. If anyone has a spare or one for sale let me know thanks

Wire Fox

Oi, an Indiana representative is requesting my HMMWV for a parade on Saturday (Cadillac Barbie Pride Parade). I want to just go and enjoy the weekend at Haspin, but man, would it be a great bargaining chip if our MVs come under legal threat and I can approach this rep and say "Hey, remember that time I lent you my HMMWV? If this kind of bill was in effect, that couldn't have happened. You should stand up for this one." I'll share the who and what if I do finally accept and lock in an agreement to be there.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

oilcan

I'm going to try to make it.

Just noticed that my last post here was in 2016, and I think my most recent rally was GA somewhere around 2011? Yikes!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Axles have had the bearings re-packed, brakes adjusted, bad wheel cyls swapped out. Now I need to re-do a hard line from the T to banjo on the driver'sside rear. Anyone know what size that is? I could remove it and take with me but Ive got so much left to do, it would really help.

Also, whats the new brake line that everyone raves about? Thinking about trying it over the standard steel lines.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Also, I usually go through my axles before and after offroading events. I have noticed while servicing the brakes all the crud that gets caught in the brake area. This year I am running with the brake pad adjustment tabs left out to see if it helps emptying the crud out. I figured I'd catch **** for it, but the drums have 3 holes in them to let crud in, I might as well introduce a way for it to get out. In addition to that, I've noticed one of my dogbone ends is looking very rotted. Its one that I've sourced from a retailer, NOT one of the test rod end I was sent to test by BigMike. Guess I'll have to put those plates I made on and bring a spare bone or two(just in case).

Who is leaving when? I may head out tuesday, just wondering how long till everyone else shows up. As I fix stuff, that might set back my departure times though.

BRob18E

Hello All, I am trying to make it as well. I am sitting on a pile of parts for various vehicles. Gimpyrobb, I see you have asked about a dogbone. Is there parts that break often on these events? I can try to bring what I have just in case.

I see many people talking about convoying but I am not seeing anything definitive. Is anyone thinking about heading out Friday evening after work? I'm in between Dayton and Cincinnati. Liberty Township to be precise.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks