• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2019 Haspin

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Each truck is different, hard to say one way or another for sure.

I usually have bearings and wheel cyls with me. Ive even been known to bring a transmission once or twice just in case...
I have spare dogdones so I am not too worried about it.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...Also, whats the new brake line that everyone raves about? Thinking about trying it over the standard steel lines.
Likely copper nickel? My buddy just turned me on to it a couple years ago. Magical stuff, flare’s super easy and almost impossible to kink, even bending by hand, and he also claims it to be nearly corrosion proof. I still have quite the length of it as well as an assortment of fittings if you want to wait and mess with it at Haspin, I can bring it along.
I’m planing on getting there Wednesday PM...

Sevin7

Who is leaving when? I may head out tuesday, just wondering how long till everyone else shows up. As I fix stuff, that might set back my departure times though.
I’m planning on showing up Wednesday around lunch but I think I could be persuaded to arrive Tuesday if you are interested in getting an early start. Let me know if you are going to make it Tuesday.

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to have to pass on this one. Been working too much. Not enough time to get the truck done. Wanted to have the radials on it and the pyrometer installed but that didn't happen. That and the 76 has commercial plates on it and its DOT blitz week. Don't know what they would say about blowing by a weigh station. If I were in a convoy of military vehicles I wouldn't worry too much.

Wire Fox

My wife and I are in (but alas, the HMMWV is not). We'll be coming up Friday evening and heading out on Saturday around noon.

Transmission is still up on the stand with too many major assemblies in bad shape. It's definitely far beyond just replacing seals and clutch friction plates like initially planned. Fortunately the case housing is in great shape and it's still going to be a good candidate for rebuild, but I'm just stuck needing to replace too many of the clutches and drums to have gotten it done on-time (cash for the parts).

gimpyrobb

Likely copper nickel? My buddy just turned me on to it a couple years ago. Magical stuff, flare’s super easy and almost impossible to kink, even bending by hand, and he also claims it to be nearly corrosion proof. I still have quite the length of it as well as an assortment of fittings if you want to wait and mess with it at Haspin, I can bring it along.
I’m planing on getting there Wednesday PM...
Yes please, I'd like to try that stuff out!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Due to that oh so enjoyable trip to Chicago for a wedding I'm only going to be able to drop down from Connersville on Thursday afternoon for a little while.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While loading all my junk the last several days, I’ve determined I/we need a fully stocked SEORTM trailer to drag to Haspin every year! It’s starting to look like the Clampits meet the Sanfords in my garage.

gimpyrobb

Been thinking about a purpose built trailer for camping and storing camping gear.

Ive got an extra m101 but thats invisible behind the deuce...hmmmm

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I lucked out years ago and got a M101A2 with a shell on it. It is always loaded with a pot belly stove, 2 16X16 tents, cots, sleeping pads and camping nick nacks. Stays at a friends and is used once a year for upland came hunting camp.

af trailer3.jpg camp2018a.jpgcampclaflin (2).jpg af trailer.jpg

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well hopefully someone gets some better pictures than we did.IMG_6935.jpgThe only picture James took.

I didn’t do much better.IMG_6928.jpgIMG_6929.jpgIMG_6932.jpgIMG_6933.jpgI have an awesome “invisible” video of Gimpy flexing his truck while twisting through this long washout... didn’t press the record button hard enough!

gimpyrobb

While I enjoy having a small group of guys to hang out with and be more personal, it would be great to get some new faces and meet other members!

The park is keeping the shower house in way better shape than years past which was a bonus and they limit trail riding after 10 so its not quite the free for all that its been in the past.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks