• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1025A2's who bought one of the 8

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Sure, a quick walk around, kick the tires, maybe check the oil... what could go wrong ??????????

Many of us do like an adventure. Just reading about it and the crazy S#!T we all may have done, go till it blows. Keep us posted, but really... IMO this is asking for a HUGE disaster.

Do it right, load it up. CAMO

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anybody on here ever watched roadkill? Ha ha ha! Im always down for an adventure! If i could get mine road legal i would sure as he11 be driving it home!

springer1981

Beside the obvious fluids being checked and changed, tires, general running condition, charging and starting etc., driving a perfectly good HMMWV for 1500 miles would be task. I'd rather drive it 1500 miles in the Baja than on highways across states at 45mph. And someone mentioned a chase vehicle, make sure it has a trailer on it LOL.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the pictures at Pennsylvania and Colorado, the trucks look like they were just recently taken out of everyday SF training ops, unlike the lot rot GP units which have sat for decades.
Thank you for that report. Although you rained on my parade, it is far better to know this up front then after spending 10 grand thinking you were getting a creampuff.

With all due respect and meaning no disrespect, are you guys serious?!?

Did you think that any vehicle coming out of military use would be a "creampuff".

I know we hear stories about vehicles entering the auctions with brand-new engine blocks and brand-new parts however these are Vehicles that have been rode hard and put to bed wet for years on end. All their valuable parts have been removed. They have been transported roughly and thrown around the storage yards. Even if I purchased a Cadillac driven only to church on Sundays by a little old lady in Pasadena, I would never trust that vehicle to drive 1500 miles upon initial purchase. A few years ago even my brand-new BMW X6M lease had issues right out of the factory.

Rent a U-haul. Rent a Ryder truck. Rent a car carrier to pull behind it. Don't be Penny Wise and Pound Foolish.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
YEA, besides 45 MPH could get you a ticket. LEO can / may cite the driver of impeding traffic flow on major highways. Here in California you drive MV's through the rear view mirrors.

Move it or get run over, CAMO

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
YEA, besides 45 MPH could get you a ticket. LEO can / may cite the driver of impeding traffic flow on major highways. Here in California you drive MV's through the rear view mirrors.

Move it or get run over, CAMO
I though about that, but is it possible these vehicles have 4l80 trannies? Aren't they A2's?

A TH400 is 45MPH, but a 4l80 seems more likely to go over 60MPH.

That being said. I'm about to break out the popcorn and follow this disaster in the making.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a pic of these trucks over at Ft Carson not more than a year ago. Looks like a creampuff to me. Thanks to Lionel for providing intel that indeed these trucks have age related issues.

I have driven COUNTLESS trucks that were freshly excessed from Army service hundreds of miles for FDs and LEOs, no reason to think these trucks would be any different, except for the first hand report by Lionel.

And no, put the popcorn away, based on his report, I know better than to drive a HMMWV with dryrotted components anywhere.

Attachments

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Nice picture of a truck, But is it for sale? Ah, forget it. Minimum bid the way it sits 60K plus and fees. LOL

Someone hasn't stripped it yet.

I'll pass, CAMO

desmodromic

Thank you for that report. Although you rained on my parade, it is far better to know this up front then after spending 10 grand thinking you were getting a creampuff.
The closest to creampuff you are going to find are some of the 1123s coming up for auction out of Yermo. Check out the pics of the 1123 that just sold for ~$23K this past weekend. Full rebuild. The underside was immaculate. You got to pay to play.

These 1025s definitely need a little TLC, and then some.

Crapgame

These M1025A2s have the 6.5l NA engines and 4 speed 4L80E transmissions, top speed 60, 65 downhill.

Don't forget to bring windshield glass/gaskets and wiper blades with you if you attempt Self-Extraction.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And this is the link to what little info the rod hall racing website will give out. This is all I have been able to find on the web about the rod hall hmmwv suspension. Im trying to find a tm for the m1025a2 with a parts list.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, while I'm watching the latest batch up for auction largely fail to meet reserves, I get an email telling me that the DOD wants me to resubmit page 2 of my EUC, but this time make my signature legible enough so they know it's me. I swear you can't make this stuff up.

Crapgame

So, while I'm watching the latest batch up for auction largely fail to meet reserves, I get an email telling me that the DOD wants me to resubmit page 2 of my EUC, but this time make my signature legible enough so they know it's me. I swear you can't make this stuff up.
I emailed K yesterday to check 100+ day status, was told the same thing. I was told they couldn't read my signature, so I practiced writing it a few times to make sure it was absolutely clear, then emailed it back in. ****, they've only had my fixed forms since Nov 27th.

desmodromic

And the number of GMVs that have actually sold are fewer than it may appear. Case in point, lot 1 sold this week for the second time this year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks