• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1025A2's who bought one of the 8

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Auctions over so I guess its safe to discuss. Who picked up any of the eight sold yesterday? Did anyone notice any interesting bidding patterns from competing bidders?

Crapgame

My question is, if anybody woke this morning to discover they bought truck(s) after G-D exercised their "right to accept highest bid at any time"?

I checked back here, discovered the discussion thread on the previous GMV auction was deleted. It seems the secret about the Internet has got out.

I noticed the "trucks being sold for off hwy use only; do not meet federal highway safety standards" was added to the Lot descriptions about 3 days before closing.

Reserve Prices Runners $12,000; Non-Runners $11,000; Burned the Frick Up $10,000

avman

The 18% action fee kills me. Yes these truck are worth 11K but add the 18%, it is a little to much for a handling fee. Govplanet is at 10%.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 18% action fee kills me. Yes these truck are worth 11K but add the 18%, it is a little to much for a handling fee. Govplanet is at 10%.
Agree, but those are the terms. That's where personal choice comes in. Accept the fee and bid, or don't and don't.

Life's full of little choices.

T

Crapgame

I'm in the process of writing a feedback letter to one of their marketing executives, from explaining the real world costs to get the non-runners to run, especially the burned out engine truck, (market prices for the A2 engine and Body harnesses, TCM, etc plus labor since the runners were only $1k less than the runners and the burned out truck $2k less); to the trucks being too overpriced for wholesale value and too stripped down for collector value. If anybody has anything they'd like to add hit me up or write it here.

I haven't checked today if there is another GMV auction scheduled yet.

I was in a unique position to made mine worth it, on top of the price in pain I will be paying the next few months vs the end item value, I'd rather suffer for something that will be worth something when I'm done, something cool I can leave to my nephew.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to mention the already saturated market. You can get a non running slant A2 for the same price point as these and sell the sheet metal for 4k plus. The last running A2 I bought was only $8500, almost a year ago.

Kickerson

I think you could politely explain to them that they are not selling the rare special forces m1025A2's in the original pictures. They are selling former Special forces A2's that have been stripped of all the unique SF parts with the exception of the rod hall suspension. These units are now (off road only) M1025A2's that are missing doors, windshields, seals, seat bases, seats, C pillars, Turrets, seat belts, brush guards and various nuts and bolts. A simple search on the competitions (Sold) section would reveal the going rate for A2 non-runners, runners and fully assembled slants. Im pretty sure they could even search for just m1025A2's in the sold section then add the value of a used Rod Hall suspension kit.

Kickerson

Auctions over so I guess its safe to discuss. Who picked up any of the eight sold yesterday? Did anyone notice any interesting bidding patterns from competing bidders?
Yes the competing bids were "interesting" as you put it. Im guessing that -- ---- bids against us up to the reserve price to try to get the next bid to go over the reserve they placed on the unit. Im sure theyll change up their tactics moving forward because the same bidder ID was used to increase the bid on every unit I bid on. You can see it clearly by clicking on the bid history.

Crapgame

Looks like something ****y in today's GMV Auction: Some of the runners met Reserve at $10,000, another one (Lot 32, photos showed a Bad Alt sign attached) showed met Reserve at $8,500 that I could swear was showing not met Reserve prior to that change.

So looks like non-runners had $7,000-7500 Reserves, Runners $9000-10,000.

I just passed over 60 days waiting on my EUC through Go-Dove, no other HMMWV have sold through them so there is no benchmark like we have on the GovPlanet HMMWV showing 8-16+ week EUC wait.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, that was me on 32. Reserve not met at 8500, then all of a sudden it was. Saw an 02 do the same thing. Curious.

***UPDATE*** So, I got the congratulatory email today from GuvDuv and although my original bid was under the reserve initially, I was awarded the high bid anyway. I'm good with it since that's where I wanted to be all along, but wow what a weird "floating reserve" process. Never seen anything like it, ever! With regards to the truck, no alternator issues, starts and drives fine. There just appears to be a fuel leak which is no big deal. Now to pick it up, or have it delivered...... only 2 hours from me.

Last edited:

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, that was me on 32. Reserve not met at 8500, then all of a sudden it was. Saw an 02 do the same thing. Curious.

***UPDATE*** So, I got the congratulatory email today from GuvDuv and although my original bid was under the reserve initially, I was awarded the high bid anyway. I'm good with it since that's where I wanted to be all along, but wow what a weird "floating reserve" process. Never seen anything like it, ever! With regards to the truck, no alternator issues, starts and drives fine. There just appears to be a fuel leak which is no big deal. Now to pick it up, or have it delivered...... only 2 hours from me.
Interesting. I just bud 7500 on a 1025a2 from godove, it said reserve not met, so i went about my business. Two days later i check my email and they said i was the high bidder and met the reserve. I called and gave **** to the lady about changing the reserve in the middle of the auction, she said that cant happen. I said well it did! And i didnt notice the rediculous 18% fee either. Never again. Still have to go sown and get the truck, but i hope its worth it.

Crapgame

Now the event is no longer showing convenient to cover up the shill bidder.

Anyhow I passed 60 days (plus 14 fixing the invoice address) I was told they are behind due to holidays and the gov shut down.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a handful more of these found new homes yesterday 2/21/19. Reserve looks to be $8500. Getting tempting ...

Question for the lucky buyers, did yours have a GM or GEP engine?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They all had the 6.5 non turbo
Yes but the '95s would have been factory equipped with GM engines, and the '02's with GEPs, but either could have been repowered with either at reset. The GEP engine is greatly improved over the GM, although both are just fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks