• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1025A2's who bought one of the 8

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fee

The other good thing about this latest auction was the buyers premium was only 12% vs the GoDove at 18%

Kickerson

So, while I'm watching the latest batch up for auction largely fail to meet reserves, I get an email telling me that the DOD wants me to resubmit page 2 of my EUC, but this time make my signature legible enough so they know it's me. I swear you can't make this stuff up.
Same email.

Crapgame

When I emailed K to check status she told me the same thing. My bank wouldn't accept a check for cashing using the signature I sent them.

Crapgame

All of you will be well aware of the significant issues in getting the EUC process completed. Despite submitting all EUC documentation promptly to Ft Belvoir, we have not had a single EUC processed since the first sale in November 2018. We have not been able to ascertain the reasons for this, despite continuouslyattempting to stay in contact with the DLA, and having been through a process in September 2018 before the sales began to ensure a seamless handover of information to process the EUCs. Last week we were told that there was an issue with the HMMWVs and that a component (the turret ring) on the HMMWV had been overlooked in the DEMIL procedure. This has been completed, but this now means a new Certificate of Destruction (COD) will need to be completed, and in turn means that we will need to start the EUC process from scratch. The delays to this process have been so significant that we have to recognise the considerable disruption to you, our buyers. For buyers wishing to do so, we will credit you with the full purchase price less 10% of the price which will be kept as a deposit on your purchase. The remainder will be due on completion of the EUC process when the HMMWV is available to collect. Please contact us by return email if you would like to proceed with this course of action. We thank you for your continued business and your patience throughout this process.

Are they saying we can get 90% refund, them keeping 10% restocking fee or that we can get 90% of the purchase price back waiting waiting on the EUC then pay the 90% before article is released?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like they'll let you have the 90% back until the EUC clears, when you have to pay it again. You'll get a couple dollars in interest in a savings account, maybe, but then lose it again when you have to pay another wire transfer charge. That's assuming though that they actually process the EUCs in a reasonable amount of time this go round.

Crapgame

I sent a reply email back to Dave:
1. Does "we need to start the EUC process from scratch" mean buyers must resubmit a newly dated application packet?

2. You may not know that the presence of the Part#12340334 NSN: 2540-01-185-3113 Turret Weapons Support (the turret ring)
was considered into the buyers' bid price on the trucks. Average cost on the free market $1300-2500 depending on condition. Removal of the part changes the condition of the Lot from the time of the sale.

3. Does "
we will credit you with the full purchase price less 10% of the price which will be kept as a deposit on your purchase. The remainder will be due on completion of the EUC process when the HMMWV is available to collect." mean we may request a refund but only receive 90% back, 10% kept as restocking fee or does that mean buyers may request 90% back while we wait on the EUC process then pay the 90% balance before the Lot is released?

4. What if a buyer wants to cancel the transaction for full refund, due to the circumstances on the contractors' end?

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What an operation! The support was one of the main pluses to picking one of these up.

Last edited:

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, that's some bull $#!+. If anything, they should definately refund the buyers premium permanently. Then do the 10% deposit thing for anyone still interested in this fiasco. I passed up on a couple wreckers I really liked because my money is sitting in someone else's account.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The item is being sold not as described in the listing. You should be able to get the full return on the amount on the vehicle. You can ascertain that the purchase was for that item to be included. You can start with the BBB. It is sad to say that Liquidity services is part of the BBB which is scary. They do some shady business. I wouldn't even think that those things will come with any paperwork at all other than your receipt.

Or sue em and ask for your emotional hardship and financial losses on spending that amount of money for months and not getting anything and now they want to keep your money over something you are not getting.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone should request a full refund.....then they take the turret support and maybe the roof to.
Then they start a new auction and bidders will now bid alot less, except the for the guys that have a support.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel bad for you guys. You all just wanted to purchase vehicles.

I would get a class action going.

That might get their attention.

Good luck guys!

Crapgame

Got some answers back from Dave:

Re: "We have to start the EUC over again"-
Does "we need to start the EUC process from scratch" mean buyers must resubmit a newly dated application packet? – We will submit the original EUC form that you already submitted, once the updated Certificate of Destruction is received.
Re: "10% Deposit"-
Does "we will credit you with the full purchase price less 10% of the price which will be kept as a deposit on your purchase. The remainder will be due on completion of the EUC process when the HMMWV is available to collect." mean we may request a refund but only receive 90% back, 10% kept as restocking fee or does that mean buyers may request 90% back while we wait on the EUC process then pay the 90% balance before the Lot is released? – If you still wish to wait for the EUC approval and follow through with the purchase, we will issue a refund of 90%. The 10% acts as a good faith deposit as we wait for the approval. There is no restoking fee.
Re: Turret Weapons Support Removal-
Also, what was done to support the M1025A2 metal roofs since they were already stripped of the C Pillars prior to auction and now have the B Pillar Tubes removed with the Turret Weapons Support? Obviously they can't just hover in the air on their own. GovPlanet replaces their B Pillar with a bent tubing assy and the C Pillar cross tube with some generic steel tubing to support the roof without the Turret Weapons Support left in place. I would hate to see a $2000 M1025 metal roof ruined during the further demil compliance.
And were the brackets with 4 bolts left attached to the windshield frame, just removing the Turret Weapons Support to Windshield Frame Bracket crossbolts to remove the Support?

Understand. I have reached out to SOCOM and have asked for what was actually removed and how it altered the vehicle. More to follow.

He didn't answer me about buyer wanting to cancel sale for full refund.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got some pics. The ring was removed but the rest of the roof support looks like it is still there. Not sure why they had to remove the turret ring that you can buy on the civilian market.

maga

Received the pictures as well. The "B" pillars look like they were chopped off with an axe. They are trashed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks