• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter Connections

SpoiledSpud

My SEE arrived a couple weeks ago with a starting issue. The previous owner was kind enough to remove the starter prior shipping, which did have issues and has since been rebuilt. So far I haven't found a clear diagram of which starter connections go where. My harness appears to have the original numbered conductors. If anyone can help clarify I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Spud

StarterWires.jpg

SpoiledSpud

And, as a bonus question to my Starter experts out there, do I even have the correct starter? The Bosch part number stamped into the case of my starter is 0 001 368 035. From everything I can tell, the original was Bosch part number 0 001 368 028. I've been unable to find any sort of cross reference connecting the numbers.

Guyfang

Staff member
Have you looked at the schematic in the TM forum? There is a wall chart schematic for the CEE. If the wires in your harnes are still numbered, maybe that might work.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know I haven't worked on any mogs but, can it really be that hard to figure out a +, a -, and a trigger?

I would think it should be fairly simple, is there a bunch of wires not hooked up?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Oh wow.

I'd try using a dvm to see if they have continuity to ground, then see if they have continuity back to the battery + terminal. That should get you in the right direction.

Guyfang

Staff member

If you cant read this, I can try again.
There are 6 different part numbers for the CEE starter. the 035 number was not one of them. Also 2 canceled NSN's

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
I looked back into the TM forum, for CEE TM's. The only thing I found were the wall chart that I posted, and the same wall chart, someone else posted before me. Maybe my old eyes are just bad. I thought there was more. I have all the CEE Tms, but cant upload them due to size. If there is any interest in the TM's, let me know. PM me and we can work something out. I can put the files on a disc, and send them to you. All I want is my postage. There is also an extra handout from TACOM with beginner info on the CEE. Also a complete wall poster schematic like the one already uploaded. Several of the TM's have change 1 and 2 posted in them. I can post a list if anyone is interested in them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks