• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Mule Owner

Jenjr9899

Greetings from NC,
I recently purchased my first Military Vehicle. It’s a Brunswick manufactured M274A5, serial number is 419 and the Registration number is 369902. Can anyone tell me if any information can be gleaned from the registration number? Also is there anyway to find out any of its service history as to what unit or Units it may have been assigned to and so forth.
255A7CAC-72B8-456F-96E2-2E50B4734DFB.jpg

Very Respectfully,
Jimmy

Last edited by a moderator:

Jenjr9899

Hey,
As a matter of fact it is the very one that AM General had. He had done an outstanding job of bringing it back to life. Gonna be repainting it after Christmas. It is so much fun!

Very Respectfully,

Jimmy

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The registration number 369902 suggests it is a Marine Corps vehicle.
Since the Marines put very little, if any, unit markings on their vehicles, chances of finding unit information are almost nil, unless you can find an RUC/UIC on it. This will be an M followed by five numbers, example M21640.

If you restore it with Marine markings, I have pictures of mine with all original markings intact to use a guide.

Cheers

mulman7

I am working on a mule now and the markings are on the front cross member below the starter handle. The Reg # is on both sides of the bed. I am not painting because of these identifications. This is unusual and needed to be saved. I see the 101 AB and think the other below is 3-187. I do not know what the B and below 8 represent. Also both sides TP 12 is barely visible. I included closeups of the Data Plate.

IMG_0948.jpg IMG_0951.jpg IMG_0957.jpgIMG_0961.jpgIMG_0962.jpg

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site and hobby/
It would be a jest to go shopping in that vehicle.
Now you need a deuce (to add to the 'addiction') to take it to shows,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks