• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'86 wiper motor

crazzyrman

I have an 1986 hmmwv that the windshield wiper motor died on. I don't care about keeping this truck OEM there is enough stuff modified/ changed on it already, I just want it functional without having to spend tons of money for no reason. I have found a supposed nos motor on eBay for $350 but I see wiper motors for many other cars in the $50 range. Is there anything that would work with minimal modifications? Maybe a 12v motor that would bolt right in?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
12v .....will burn up.
OEM is best....and also available cheaper than fleebay.
Put a wanted add.

crazzyrman

12v .....will burn up.
OEM is best....and also available cheaper than fleebay.
Put a wanted add.
12v work just fine powered by only 1 battery or a step down converter.
I hate eBay but its the only place I'm having any luck but the cheapest one there is $350 plus shipping which I think is ridiculously high compared to what 12v motors for other cars go for.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ebayyyy is not the only place for parts...Wanted post here is good.

BLK HMMWV

Crazyman I think what 86 humv is trying to tell you is to place a WTB add in the WTB section on the board.
You will be surprised at who responds to it.
You may be able to PM him for more imformation.
BH

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you do anything, do you have any idea why it stopped working. Is it electrical? Is it mechanical?, Did you pull it apart to see if it can be fixed? Is it a bad brush internally? Is it a switch issue? Is a wire bad externally? Did you check power to the plug?

MHO, YMMV

crazzyrman

My truck had an overcharging issue that it took awhile for me to realize & resolve & I was still running it until I figured out what the problem was. The overcharging was fixed & now I'm trying to fix all the stuff I burned up before I fixed it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks