• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'86 heater blower

crazzyrman

I have a 1986 hmmwv that the heater blower motor died it has the round output. Do the newer heater blowers with the rectangle outputs just bolt on in place? I can figure out how to modify the output to fit the round tubing.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmwv standard heaters only have round outputs.
If you need a replacement fan motor...Wanted is a good place.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you heater motor and your windshield washer die at same time? Do you have electrical gremlins?

You need to check power to plugs and switches, and maybe also look for surges in current.

MH), YMMV

BenDeez

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what its worth- I just thought my heater motor died and started looking for new ones. After looking over my heater, cleaning the grounds, adding dielectric grease to the connections and making sure they were all strong, it worked again **. I also had a lot of mud built up in the hoses, maybe a wasp nest in one that was completely clogged.

**Do these have a temperature switch that shuts them down at a certain temp? I have noticed mine still will work great, then shut off by itself, then after I shut the truck down, it will start back up.

mack59

Help!! Looking for tm 9-4940-563-13&P Contact Maint. shelter & TM for Navy M4KN 4000K fork lift. Just recently acquired.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

BLK HMMWV

Perhaps that question would be better asked on a Silverado forum. I'd also suggest a search of the TM section found here on the forums in the TM section.

dilvoy

Also,
Am going to attempt to mount shelter to a 2005 Silverado 2500 HD 4X4. Any thoughts?
Bed rail height may be a tiny bit too high. Might need something like a couple of 2"x4"s laid cross wise in the bed to give good clearance. The CUCV Trucks had a tie down system for carrying the shelters. One crossed the front of the bed with a hoop at each side with long bolts and sleeves going down through the bed and into the cross brace of the bed. At the rear, sort of the same thing was done, but with no bar crossing the width of the bed.

crazzyrman

Did you heater motor and your windshield washer die at same time? Do you have electrical gremlins?

You need to check power to plugs and switches, and maybe also look for surges in current.

MH), YMMV
They didn't die at the same time but both died while I was having an overcharging issue that I finally got resolved & now I'm trying to fix all the other stuff I burned up while still running the truck.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They didn't die at the same time but both died while I was having an overcharging issue that I finally got resolved & now I'm trying to fix all the other stuff I burned up while still running the truck.
So if heater is now OK with cleaning, why are you so sure wiper motor is not salvageable?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks