• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cooling vest Med-Eng Air warrior

joeblack5

I was in need of low energy consumption body cooling. Found this Med Eng Air warrior vest on fleabay. about $ 30
Used in all kind of hot military equipment

A complete 24 Volt cooling unit is very expensive but small water chillers or ice boxes with pump are cheap.

The main issue was the quick disconnect connectors used.
Looking for connectors it turned out then any aftermarket would be more expensive then a fleabay vest, so I bought a couple and modified the connector so that they click together. The remaining vest without connector is a good backup.

This is the start ... push the two pins out and open the rubber tab to remove the actuator pin.

Modify ( file) the brass latch pin so that it will fit into the black plastic sleeve.

The actuator pin and spring are left out and a hard spacer made of an M6 nut 2 M6 washers and the original white plastic washer are reused. The white washer goes on the front of the brass latch pin as to get the latch pin in the right location.

These are the left over parts.

Ready to go. The push to release rubber has to be glued back. Of course that side cannot be pushed to disconnect any more but the other side can.

Enjoy . The large vest fits me 6ft2 and 170 Lbs perfect. It still fits my wife 5ft 130 LBs. Your mileage may vary.

Later J

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may want to look at coolshirt connectors. Not too expensive and are dripproof.

Coolshirts have been a game changer for us on the track.

joeblack5

Thanks Chris, yes I noticed them but as I mentioned more in parts then a whole "new" vest with connector. No clue why they would want $2000 for an ice cooler and some tubing in a T shirt.
The connector on the med-eng air arrior vest has the in and outlet combined and disconnect with one push button. It is pretty neat.
When my wife had knee surgery she got a polar ice cooler with pump and a knee "bladder". That also has no leak quick disconnect adapters that i could use. Those whole set ups go for $ 50 on CL.
Anyhow lots of possibilities.

later J

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks