• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803a 24v fuse needed F03A125V30A 5920-00-539-6920

Superfrank

G'Day mates!

I'm looking for source for this fuse. I've done a search and can't seem to locate one. I'd like to buy 2, one for a spare. Part#: F03A125V30A NSN: 5920-00-539-6920

Thanks in advance,
Frank

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A 30 amp 125v Buss fuse is about as common as they get. There is nothing special about that fuse.

Go to any hardware store, automotive store, department store, well stocked garage, radio shack or shop, and buy a pack of five for a couple of bucks.

Last edited:

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I guess no one looked at the document I posted that indicated that the ABC style fuse is the civilian equivalent?? You can get those anywhere.

Zed254

I looked at it.....just had a hard time understanding what I was looking at. Will study some more!!

OK: Search document on F03A125V30A and at the bottom of column it says "*** Commercial version is ABC
Series. See Data Sheet 2000 for more information."

And I got no data sheet 2000....but will search a little more.....and I found the 2000 data sheet that I cannot see cross referenced to F03A125V30A.

Should blow at 30amps on 125 volts. Which fuse do we need, Chris?

Attachments

Last edited:

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are all the same size so technically any with the correct ratings will work.

• ABC, AGC, GBB, MDA, MDL and MDQ fuses: 1/4” x 1 1/4”

Last edited:

Superfrank

Gentlemen,

Again thanks for all of your help. Thing is mine had the civilian fuse in it. I took the blown fuse with me to town and went to Lowes, AutoZone, Oreillys, and my local ACE. Are you kidding me... no one had them. I live in a small town but geez. So the long and the short of it is, I don't feel like wasting any more time or fuel trying to find them, it shouldn't be that hard. This way they come right to my gate. As always, I appreciate the knowledge shared on this forum. I'm sure I'll be back again asking for advice.

Merry Christmas!
Frank

Zed254

Understand. Your question was answered and you've ordered what you need. But I ran down the research 'rabbit hole' trying to understand the Mil to Civ data sheet and what that told us. I do that sometimes and Chris is quite helpful with this sort of thing. This probably explains why one vendor's price was so much higher than the other: one was the actual military fuse and the other was the civilian equivalent.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe its just me, but a disposable piece like a fuse is hardly something I would spend any extra time or effort chasing down. There are dozens of fuses that can replace it and function as they should and they are available just about everywhere.

:shrugs:

Guyfang

Staff member
I have often wondered why it wasn't a CB? If it pops, reset it. If it pops again, you have a problem to troubleshoot. If it keeps popping, you haven't fixed, (or guessed right) the problem.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have often wondered why it wasn't a CB? If it pops, reset it. If it pops again, you have a problem to troubleshoot. If it keeps popping, you haven't fixed, (or guessed right) the problem.
I agree 100% !

Matter of fact, now that it has been brought out, I may modify my two with breakers and elimnate the fuse issue altogether.

Curious Guyfang, was there ever a "spares" package issued with any of these sets?

uniquify

Reset kit in a box?

...was there ever a "spares" package issued with any of these sets?
Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but I was looking at this on a recent GP auction. It went dirt cheap, probably because it was in Guam. I couldn't get a shipping quote in time and I didn't want to risk spending big bucks shipping home a cheap win, so I passed. aua

NSN: 2815-01-532-9528 is listed as a "SERVICE KIT DIESEL ENGINE 5KW 802A"

Looks like it comes with a boat load of spare parts:
- fuel pumps
- thermostat
- fan belt
- fuse & holder
- gaskets
- filters
- hoses
- fuel lines
- nuts & bolts
- bulbs
- bearing
- switches
- etc.

Someone got a good deal!

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but I was looking at this on a recent GP auction. It went dirt cheap, probably because it was in Guam. I couldn't get a shipping quote in time and I didn't want to risk spending big bucks shipping home a cheap win, so I passed. aua

NSN: 2815-01-532-9528 is listed as a "SERVICE KIT DIESEL ENGINE 5KW 802A"

Looks like it comes with a boat load of spare parts:
- fuel pumps
- thermostat
- fan belt
- fuse & holder
- gaskets
- filters
- hoses
- fuel lines
- nuts & bolts
- bulbs
- bearing
- switches
- etc.

Someone got a good deal!

These kits came out later, after 2010?, not sure. It was a "shotgun" approach to generator "repair". It resulted in the replacement of Many parts that were not in need of replacement. Most professionals did not like this approach.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks