• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803a 24v fuse needed F03A125V30A 5920-00-539-6920

Guyfang

Staff member
I agree 100% !

Matter of fact, now that it has been brought out, I may modify my two with breakers and elimnate the fuse issue altogether.

Curious Guyfang, was there ever a "spares" package issued with any of these sets?

I thought I would deal with this separately from the "service package".

No, there was never a spares package. But, the milatary dealt with it in a different manner. Many parts, like the fuse, or the fuel filter, (I am not talking about the water separator filter) were already in the supply system. So there is no need for further action. Then, when any new system is fielded, durring the testing of the system, all failures were recorded. A MTBF, (Mean Time Between Failure) study was conducted, and if certin parts were found to fail too frequently, it was decided to "fix the problem" or to provision spares to cover this "problem". When spares were top loaded into the system, they were bought and stocked at higher levels of supply. If the spare were "show stoppers", (critical deadline items) pr high dollar items, they were also distributed to supply activities at a lower level. Brigade or Battalion level. sometimes lower dollar items were force fed to the Company or Battery level, when the MTBF was high, for a new system. Now to explain how it worked at unit level. DA, Department of the Army force fed us a bunch of spares for the Improved Hawk Missile system in 1977, we needed extra transport, to carry it to the field. After a year, the commander has the ability to look at a report, that shows how often the parts were used, that have to be stocked IAW, (In Accordence With) DA policy. The commander can decide to keep everything as is, or to drop certin items, if they are low usage. He can also decide to put certin items into his PLL, (Parts, Location, Logistic, or stockage) if he can show that he has several times ordered that part durring the year. I forget how many times a part needs to be ordered. But in any case it can be done. And the more ordered, the more one can stock. The importance of a well stocked PLL can not be ignored.

Of course, an unscrupulous person, (good motor Sergeant, very intelligent young motor officer or Warrant Officer) could "manipulate" this system. One could have a parts requirement, and fill it through other means then requesting a part. One could borrow, find, trade, exchange, barter or steal, a part, to accomplish the repair. Then one could submit a D6Z requisition. A D6Z was nothing more the a means to tell the supply system you needed something and got it outside of the supply system. So if someone submitted a few D6Z's for a part, the computer only saw the number of requests, and would suggest raising the number of on hand parts.

There was also one other method. And for Farmitall's fuse, it would have been the best solution. Bench Stock/Shop Stock. Bench Stock was low cost parts, nuts, screws, bolts, washers and things like fuses. Most of the items came in a box of 100, or like fuses, box of 5. The items were non accountable. When the clerk once a month looked in the drawers at his stockage, and noticed that there was only 1-2 fuses left, he ordered some more on a low priority requisition.

Filters and things would have been a PLL item, demand stocked.

Last edited:

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought I would deal with this separately from the "service package".

No, there was never a spares package. But, the milatary dealt with it in a different manner. Many parts, like the fuse, or the fuel filter, (I am not talking about the water separator filter) were already in the supply system. So there is no need for further action. Then, when any new system is fielded, durring the testing of the system, all failures were recorded. A MTBF, (Mean Time Between Failure) study was conducted, and if certin parts were found to fail too frequently, it was decided to "fix the problem" or to provision spares in cover this "problem". When spares were top loaded into the system, they were bought and stocked at higher levels of supply. If the spare were "show stoppers", (critical deadline items) pr high dollar items, they were also distributed to supply activities at a lower level. Brigade or Battalion level. sometimes lower dollar items were force fed to the Company or Battery level, when the MTBF was high, for a new system. Now to explain how it worked at unit level. DA, Department spokesman f the Army force fed us a bunch of spares for the Improved Hawk Missile system in 1977, we needed extra transport, to carry it to the field. After a year, the commander has the ability to look at a report, that shows how often the parts were used, that have to be stocked IAW! (In Accordence With) DA policy. The commander can decide to keep everything as is, or to drop certin items, if they are low usage. He can also decide to put certin items into his PLL, (Parts, Location, Logistic, or stockage) if he can show that he has several times ordered that part durring the year. I forget how many times a part needs to be ordered. But in any case it can be done. And the more ordered, the more one can stock.
Thanks....a very clear answer to my question.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks