• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front winch setups

Glockfan

Have you had a chance to take it out and try all the new equipment yet ? I'm curious about the new power steering pump. Does it work good at idle ?
Yes, flawless function. At idle, there is enough flow and power from the pump (4.5 GPM @ 1600 PSI) that I was worried about the winch bolts holding when I tested the function. Adding the winch and ram assist to the circuit provides more capacity overall for the hydraulic fluid. The remote reservoir also adds fluid capacity to the system helping to keep everything cool. The only drawback to the ram assist is that turning the steering quickly from lock to lock is noticeably slower.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks