• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever seen the IP extension housing split in half [emoji21]

jth3rd

Just completed a full maintenance on the duece new filters and flushed the system drove about 2 miles and when I got home noticed a oil leak arg was hoping it was a loose oil filter housing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jth3rd. In my time working on Multi-Fuel engines, I've never seen one fail in this way. And outside of the oil leak the engine still ran OK??? No Noise???

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
A few of us have had issues with that front "advance" unit. I may have a spare available if you feel up for swapping another on.

rustystud

I've seen it happen to three units I bought. The advance unit can "throw" it's weights (made of steel) which break off at the "pins" and then get jammed in the housing. Of course the input shaft is still turning which then causes the housing to give since it is only made out of aluminum.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It always amazes me to see examples of the many subtile ways critical components of our trucks quit their service, ruining the owner's day!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks