• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M135 and a Diamond T 5 ton package purchase

superburban

I've had my fake M1009 (civilian diesel K5 with CUCV bumpers) for years, but i've not had an actual MV...

... until now!

A high school friend of mine, whom i hadn't seen in 20 years, got in touch with me a few months ago and offered me a package deal on his 2 6x6s. One is a 52 GMC M135. The other is a Diamond T 5 ton. I'm still not certain on the year of thur 5 ton, but it's got a gasoline engine. I would have preferred diesel, but at the price for them both, I couldn't say no!

The M135 needs a fuel pump and a new soft top, the 5 ton could use a new clutch.

The trucks are located in Montana, I live in Utah. Some of my other friends from Montana have volunteered to store them at their ranch until spring when I can repair and retrieve them.

I paid $2000 for both. How'd I do?

20181211_082905.jpg
20181211_082839.jpg
20181211_082759.jpg
20181211_082728.jpg
20181211_082652.jpg

oboyjohn

I don`t think the deuce is Canadian because in the second picture you see the canvas rope tie downs. The Canadian version, if my memory was correct, had only the hard top.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don`t think the deuce is Canadian because in the second picture you see the canvas rope tie downs. The Canadian version, if my memory was correct, had only the hard top.
I second that.

I think you did very well for 2k for both trucks! They are worth that in scrap weight. The 5ton has a fiberglass top and a winch, both desirable items. There is something about the 5ton stance as well. It simply looks good, like a Deuce that has worked out and built some muscle.

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dude! You scored!

Of course, the purchase price is just the entry fee. The real expenses are ahead.

Congratulations, and thanks for posting!

Rick

superburban

Thanks guys! I'll have to show your responses to my wife. She's sick of my silly truck spending habits! I just finished building a 6-door Ford Superduty, so when I told her that I bought not 1, but 2 army trucks, she was not impressed! I tried to convince her that it was too good a deal to pass up, but she thought that sounded like a sales pitch.

IMG_20181105_181700_132.jpg

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I figured I'd ask since the camo paint is spot on for a Canadian truck, plus it has west coast mirrors. I also always figured the extra pins and chains on the racks was only on the Canadian m135s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks