• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift kits

beavorg

Looking to put 285/75R16 with 16x8 Stockton. Wanna bare minimum amount of lift and cutting fenders. Offroad Design was not much help on suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thread moved to correct forum.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking to put 285/75R16 with 16x8 Stockton. Wanna bare minimum amount of lift and cutting fenders. Offroad Design was not much help on suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure you will need much lift with that tire size. You might wnt to use 1" Zero Rates in front and back and see what happens.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had 285 tires on mine with no lift.

No problems

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just some old stock rims

Keith_J

I'm running 255 85 R16s on 16x8 rims with zero offset..flange is right at 4" inside the rim. The tires are within the wheel wells..up front. I have a 1031 SECM so it is a bit wider than a 1008/1028. These are 33" diameter tires, no lift up front and air bags in the rear to ride level as I have tools..

So with 285 75 R16 on 16x8 rims, I would go for 4-1/2" to 5" backspace with 8" width rims to keep the tire within the fenders.

ehuppert

285 75 16 Duratracs on stock rims. Slight rub if really loaded and flexs just right with wheel cut hard. Empty its never a problem. With plow on front nver an issue, only when max load in bed!

Well, it doesn't rub at all now as in the midst of a full restoration and wheels are outside, frame and cab on skates in the garage. Zero rates would solve the front rub but then would have to figure out sway bar connect.

Also could replace with new stock replacement HD four pack spring if your springs are weak. This would probably be the better option!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks