• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Assistance 1 ton service truck Miami, Fl

Monkeyboyarmy

Wondering if anyone near Miami can recover and maybe store for a short period a 2001 Chevy C3500HD service truck. Does not run at this time. Would have to be moved by the end of next week. The auction is giving me a second chance offer and I'm checking all of my options.

twisted60

Recovery in Miami

I'm near Miami but don't have anywhere to store it. Not running... so probably your best bet is a tow company as Bikeman suggested.

If it was just put a set of batteries in and drive off I could do that for you.

Last edited:

Monkeyboyarmy

Yes. 6.5 diesel. It already has a pmd relocated but can't rule them out. So it's most likely no fuel or pmd.

Thanks twisted. Know any local towing companies near there?

twisted60

Yes. 6.5 diesel. It already has a pmd relocated but can't rule them out. So it's most likely no fuel or pmd.

Thanks twisted. Know any local towing companies near there?
I'm about 2 hours north in Jupiter, sorry don't know any towing companies in the Miami area. Do you know why it's not running ?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry about getting off track here, if you end up getting the truck, it will be very interesting to see if it has a GEP block, as GM quit making the 6.5 in '00. Seems unlikely that they would still have inventory of 6.5s to use on the 3500HD carryover model.

86m1028

Sorry about getting off track here, if you end up getting the truck, it will be very interesting to see if it has a GEP block, as GM quit making the 6.5 in '00. Seems unlikely that they would still have inventory of 6.5s to use on the 3500HD carryover model.
Since the trucks were cab & chassis most of the 2001 & 2002 trucks were actually built as 2000 but when beds were installed, classified as 01, 02’s.
I have 6-7 of these 3500hd’s

Monkeyboyarmy

So I had the truck hauled. He actually drove it up on the trailer. Just a small snort of ether since the glow plugs were burned out got it running. I could have driven it home. So what do i look for to see if it's a GM block or GEP?

86m1028

So I had the truck hauled. He actually drove it up on the trailer. Just a small snort of ether since the glow plugs were burned out got it running. I could have driven it home. So what do i look for to see if it's a GM block or GEP?
Good to hear !
I’m curious about build date, please post when you can.
What is the tenth digit in your vin ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks