Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty Pleasure

Thanks
    Thanked 7,014 Times in 3,421 Posts

I found out my truck was proudly made in Flint Michigan.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rustystud For This Useful Post:

QUADJEEPER (01-16-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 2,735 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rustystud View Post
    I found out my truck was proudly made in Flint Michigan.
    Well both came out of the same plant , just different names . Flint Truck and Bus is now just Flint Assembly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkysplace View Post
    Well both came out of the same plant , just different names . Flint Truck and Bus is now just Flint Assembly.
    I was under the impression that all trucks where made in Mexico. Now I see mine was made in Flint. Are all Chevy trucks then made here in the states ?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 2,735 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rustystud View Post
    I was under the impression that all trucks where made in Mexico. Now I see mine was made in Flint. Are all Chevy trucks then made here in the states ?
    Most come out of Flint

[ The Silverado pickup is General Motors Co.'s best-selling vehicle. Most Silverados are made in Flint, Mich., and Fort Wayne, Ind. But four-door crew cab versions are made at GM's assembly plant in Silao, Mexico, which opened in 1995 ]

Thanks
    Thanked 6,229 Times in 3,250 Posts

My 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 4 door Crew Cab is being made in Fort Wayne Indiana. Here is an copy and paste from a GM letter.

Regular cab is last to launch too, I assume due to the fact that Ft.Wayne is handling crew cab and double cab launch production. Once Silao starts spitting out crew cab T1 trucks (they are still doing 2018 crew cab), the regular cab will ramp up at Ft.Wayne. Given how K2 was, I'd expect WT and LT for sure, and we might get Custom, Custom TB, RST and LT TB.
    I have a Custom Trail Bos on order. They are all equally produced whether it be Mexico, Canada, Fort Wayne or Flint. Happy Holidays from my family to yours.

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/med..._PU_072018.pdf
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine: Founding Father Quote.

MVPA
    37424E
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,226 Times in 3,332 Posts

I can understand. I bought my Jeep back in 2010 and have been waiting since then for a diesel powered option. They're supposed to release them next year. But much to my dismay, it appears that they'll only be available in automatics. After putting 3 transmissions in diesel powered Chrysler products, I'll only own a manual from them from now on. I'm going to beg/plead/argue that with the dealer to see if something special can be ordered. Why they'd go down this path of auto only boggles my mind, especially in a jeep.
    1992 M1038
    1969 M35A2 wo/w, hoist in bed, heater, Ooga horn, Recentered HEMTTs and 395's, "Candy Smasher"
    1968 M543A2 Wrecker - You know, for heavy lifting...
    1984 M931 - SEMTT project
    198? M270 trailer TBD...
    1985 M1008 - SMOKEY 8" lift, 37" humvee 24 bolt wheels/tires, turbocharged.
    And a few M105 and M101 and other trailers

Thanks
    Thanked 10,255 Times in 4,610 Posts

DTIDs for the M1009 do list $32.xxx as a price. I love all y'all s new trucks. Not going to have one in my lifetime. I'll just keep pushing my HHR.
    1986 M1008
    1984 M1031
    1984 M1010

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Recovry4x4 For This Useful Post:

cucvrus (01-23-2019)

Colonel
    Thanks

Rustystud,
    Congrats on the new truck.
    I've known from your other post that you put the 383HT in your truck. It sounds like it's been installed for a while. I'm thinking of buying 1 for my civy truck. Can you give a quick review on it?
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fitz View Post
    Rustystud,
    Congrats on the new truck.
    I've known from your other post that you put the 383HT in your truck. It sounds like it's been installed for a while. I'm thinking of buying 1 for my civy truck. Can you give a quick review on it?
    Thanks
    Sure. As we all know the 6.5 diesel is a good engine, but it lacks power. So since mine had suffered a severe fire destroying all the electronics I decided to scrap everything and start over. First off the 383HT is one fine engine ! It can tow my 28ft trailer fully loaded with supplies and water and a load in the truck bed up and over "Snoqualmie Pass" at 55 miles an hour. Ok my new truck can probably beat that easily, but the old 1984 with 6.5 engine could never do that ! Also the fuel mileage is way better then the old diesel could ever imagine ! On the Freeway I can average 22 to 26 miles per gallon. Not bad for a 1 ton dually ! Now city driving is another story. I average around 10 miles per gallon. All that stop and go really sucks the fuel.
    I almost went with a 454 cid engine like my buddy has in his 1 ton dually. That beast has power like nothing else I've seen !
    It also only gets 8 miles per gallon. Freeway or city, 8 miles a gallon. Ok I don't have the fantastic power the 454 has but it can still get up and go. Plus I can get terrific mileage on the freeway. Also cold morning start-ups is no problem anymore. The 6.5 is a cold blooded beast. Until they warm up, they can be a pain as you all know. The 383HT can totally warm-up in under 5 minutes and it is pedal to the metal afterwards. All in all it has been a good swap for me. Of course I miss having a diesel in the old CUCV, just not the old 6.5 diesel ! Now a new DuraMax with the six speed Allison in the old CUCV would be something amazing ! Maybe if I ever find a wrecked Chevy with the DuraMax it might become a reality. Who knows the future ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patracy View Post
    I can understand. I bought my Jeep back in 2010 and have been waiting since then for a diesel powered option. They're supposed to release them next year. But much to my dismay, it appears that they'll only be available in automatics. After putting 3 transmissions in diesel powered Chrysler products, I'll only own a manual from them from now on. I'm going to beg/plead/argue that with the dealer to see if something special can be ordered. Why they'd go down this path of auto only boggles my mind, especially in a jeep.
    Most all manufactures have tried to get out of manuals for some time now. The cost of repairs is extremely high for any manual transmission and with all the trucks coming out with these high mileage warranties the manufactures have had to eat a lot of transmissions from people who don't know how to drive manuals anymore. In fact my 1 ton didn't even have an option for a manual transmission. I had a talk with the regional Chevrolet Service Trainer before I left the Transit dept, and he informed me that GM was trying to phase out all manual transmissions due to the warranty issues. He was giving a class on the new 6L90E transmission used in small transit busses at the time.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast