• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbocharger

Somie

I have done a fair amount of searching but have not found this information yet. Hopefully this means it will be useful to many.

The goal is to determine if a single larger turbo could be used with the factory turbo in a compound arrangement to produce strong low-speed performance and 550 to 600 horsepower. The application is a 5.9L Cummins turbo diesel with the high pressure common rail injection system. Part of the exercise is to learn how to properly select turbos to be used in a compound arrangement.

How can I determine which turbos to use in a sequential (compound) arrangement? I am familiar with the calculations for a single turbo ? how do the calculations and plotting the results on the compressor maps differ?
Can the larger turbo damage the smaller turbo due to excessive pressure or flow
https://mechanicfaq.com/turbos-for-5-9-cummins/?
Also, how can I evaluate low speed performance of sequential turbos?
I sure appreciate any help,Aaron

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks