Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GOVPLANET/USMC latest EUC times?

Thanks

Humvee 1045a2 bought 8/22/18 EUC cleared three weeks later. First time GP purchase. Still no SF97. Many calls and many "it's being processed waiting on Marine Corp". Many times told we'll contact title department and get back to you. They never do. Latest quote was should have it by 12/21. I'm skeptical and at a loss as what to do except keep calling every week.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WWIILBird For This Useful Post:

cwc (12-21-2018), EdMontana (01-11-2019)

GovPlanet Rep
    Thanks

I know it has been awhile since I have posted, especially since the process has been running smooth up until the last few months. I understand everyone's frustration, but I can assure you that it probably fails to equal mine. As to an answer, I have no clue what is going on with the USMC EUC approval process. Nothing on our end has changed. I have a few ideas, but nothing I can say for certain, just my own gut feeling.

With the DLA EUCs, we have concurrent reporting, meaning that we send the EUC requests directly to TSC at the same time we send them to DLA. TSC sends the approvals directly to us at the same time they send them to DLA. With the USMC EUC requests we are not authorized, by contract, to send them directly to TSC. They have to be sent to the USMC Contract Officer, who then sends them to the Officer in Charge of TSC, who then sends them down to the TSC office for investigation and approval. The approval process works exactly the same way in reverse order.

I can say that there is a new USMC Contract Officer that took over in the summer when the previous USMC MAJ retired. Whether there were other personnel changes as well, I do not know. I am not sure if there is a political power struggle going on within the ranks, or if there were other political/operational changes made that is causing the delays. I can say with certainty that over the last few months there have been several instances of "misplaced" paperwork, and the excuse of "Oh, I thought I already sent those to you" when my team reaches out to inquire about them.

In regards to the SF97s, we are seeing even more issues. in fact the last batch we received were all stamped with the date as "2019", and some that were signed by the USMC in the wrong block. Whether these were actual mistakes, or intentional just to prove a point, I have no clue. Understand this though, for every member on this site that has an issue, there are probably 5-10 that aren't on this site. This issue is not only causing frustration on your end, but exponentially more work for my team, from having to re-produce SF97s to fielding multiple phone calls and emails on a daily basis from p*!@ed off customers. All I can tell you is we are doing our best to work with the govt civilians and contract officers to fix the process on their end and allow a little more transparency for us, so we can stop giving the answer of "We don't know" to everyone.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PHasty For This Useful Post:

aghumvee (12-22-2018), cwc (12-22-2018), Lionel (01-15-2019), NewEra (12-25-2018), porkysplace (12-22-2018), WWIILBird (12-22-2018)

Thanks

PHasty, why not stop selling units until the kinks are worked out? Why continue selling and keeping people hanging for months and many phone calls leading to incredible frustration on our part as well as your staffs if you folks know the process isn't working. All it's doing is reputational damage to your company and creating a bad client experience. In my case I paid with fees and taxes close to $30k within three days 8/23 as required and here it is 12/22 and no title. All my vehicles are revenue generating except this purchase and with each week I'm losing revenue. Had I known this I would not have gone in this direction. I currently have a large paperweight which I'm paying insurance on since purchase. Item 1766185. As a side note, it is refreshing to see a comment from a representative of GP, so thank you for your feedback in this post. SS is an excellent site!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WWIILBird For This Useful Post:

cwc (12-22-2018), EdMontana (01-11-2019), rare1a1 (01-05-2019)

Sergeant
    Thanks

Seems I have heard the buyer can cancel a sale if it has taken over 12 weeks? Is there any truth to that? Any repercussions in doing so?

Private
    Thanks

^^
    crazy and apparrently they dgaf if you have a clearance or not. I’m late sept...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,284 Times in 957 Posts

I'm hoping this issue gets resolved soon. I'm waiting on paperwork to come through so I can pick up 4 of these for members on here. I thought it would have happened before December and I would have had a chance to get 4 more trucks running and on there way home to the Proud new owners. One member wants to send me 3 sets of X doors to install for the trip but without a release, I can't do anything.
    84 AM General M923 "General Non-Sense"
    85 Chevrolet M1028 CUCV "Sarge"
    05 Silver Eagle M1102 (Sarge's New 4 Wheeler Hauler)

Gone but not forgotten....
    71 AM General M35A2 "Big Trucks"
    87 Pribbs Manufacturing M105A2

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandcobra164 For This Useful Post:

cwc (01-05-2019), EdMontana (01-11-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PHasty View Post
    I know it has been awhile since I have posted, especially since the process has been running smooth up until the last few months. I understand everyone's frustration, but I can assure you that it probably fails to equal mine. As to an answer, I have no clue what is going on with the USMC EUC approval process. Nothing on our end has changed. I have a few ideas, but nothing I can say for certain, just my own gut feeling.

With the DLA EUCs, we have concurrent reporting, meaning that we send the EUC requests directly to TSC at the same time we send them to DLA. TSC sends the approvals directly to us at the same time they send them to DLA. With the USMC EUC requests we are not authorized, by contract, to send them directly to TSC. They have to be sent to the USMC Contract Officer, who then sends them to the Officer in Charge of TSC, who then sends them down to the TSC office for investigation and approval. The approval process works exactly the same way in reverse order.

I can say that there is a new USMC Contract Officer that took over in the summer when the previous USMC MAJ retired. Whether there were other personnel changes as well, I do not know. I am not sure if there is a political power struggle going on within the ranks, or if there were other political/operational changes made that is causing the delays. I can say with certainty that over the last few months there have been several instances of "misplaced" paperwork, and the excuse of "Oh, I thought I already sent those to you" when my team reaches out to inquire about them.

In regards to the SF97s, we are seeing even more issues. in fact the last batch we received were all stamped with the date as "2019", and some that were signed by the USMC in the wrong block. Whether these were actual mistakes, or intentional just to prove a point, I have no clue. Understand this though, for every member on this site that has an issue, there are probably 5-10 that aren't on this site. This issue is not only causing frustration on your end, but exponentially more work for my team, from having to re-produce SF97s to fielding multiple phone calls and emails on a daily basis from p*!@ed off customers. All I can tell you is we are doing our best to work with the govt civilians and contract officers to fix the process on their end and allow a little more transparency for us, so we can stop giving the answer of "We don't know" to everyone.
    I understand what you are saying and thank you for replying, but I think this whole buying process should be renewed by GP to avoid a bad reputation that is already growing in the www. I for once purchased and PAID for something to be delivered in "up to 3 months", this information was provided by GP, if GP cannot honor the promise for whatever reason, customers should be notified AND offered full refund. For what I see, will be a pain to get the vehicle and a nightmare to receive the SF97....GP must understand that customers cannot be on promises or waiting forever pass the promised date, a deadline should be placed. Is there a refund process taking place or being planned? I think something more progressive must be done for the customers because when customers starting lawyer up it will be more costly to GP, I guarantee.
    1997 M1078 LMTV
    1987 HMMWV M988 M14341
    1999 AM General M35A3 (sold)
    1999 AM General M35A3 (sold)
    1995 AM General M818 (sold)
    1993 AM General M35A3 w/hid. w
    1993 AM General M35A3
    1993 AM General M35A3C
    1989 AM General M35A2C Air Force
    1988AM General M35A2C Air Force (sold)
    1987 AM General M35A2C Air Force (sold)
    1972 AM General M817 Dump Truck
    1972 AM General M35A2
    1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 w/w
    1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M109A3
    H82 Air Force Heater
    MEP-701A GenSet
    1997 M1102 (X2)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cwc View Post
    Sale last Wednesday of August and the EUC is not back yet.
    Quoting myself, that's got to be a bad sign...

Anyway, the M1045A2 from Albany, sale date 8/29/18, had the EUC approved today, so 4.5 months. For my part, it is just as well since I have had a lot of business travel lately and am just now getting free to go get it. Still, the uncertainty about what might be going on with the vehicle is not good. As several have noted, it is not very good business on GP's part to provide no information at all as the 3 month mark goes by. You can buy some trivial item on E**y/A*****n and you get a notice if it is going to be late.
    1986 M925A1
    1987 M1038
    1986 M1038
    1986 M1038
    1993 M998
    1988 M998
    1992 M998
    ???? M1045A2 - EUC submitted 8/31/19, EUC approved 1/14/19
    2003 M1045A2 - EUC pending

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2