• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GOVPLANET/USMC latest EUC times?

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sale last Wednesday of August and the EUC is not back yet.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

EdMontana

WOW, wondering where is the real drag......had dozens of approved EUC with the ol'GL, matter of 3~4 weeks top...I understand that it also pass USMC, but should not take that long. I think someone is dropping the ball in between. I sent 2 emails to GP and they did not even bothered to reply. They got the money all right and will not even reply a simple email after, bad business all together.....

WWIILBird

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Humvee 1045a2 bought 8/22/18 EUC cleared three weeks later. First time GP purchase. Still no SF97. Many calls and many "it's being processed waiting on Marine Corp". Many times told we'll contact title department and get back to you. They never do. Latest quote was should have it by 12/21. I'm skeptical and at a loss as what to do except keep calling every week.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
I know it has been awhile since I have posted, especially since the process has been running smooth up until the last few months. I understand everyone's frustration, but I can assure you that it probably fails to equal mine. As to an answer, I have no clue what is going on with the USMC EUC approval process. Nothing on our end has changed. I have a few ideas, but nothing I can say for certain, just my own gut feeling.

With the DLA EUCs, we have concurrent reporting, meaning that we send the EUC requests directly to TSC at the same time we send them to DLA. TSC sends the approvals directly to us at the same time they send them to DLA. With the USMC EUC requests we are not authorized, by contract, to send them directly to TSC. They have to be sent to the USMC Contract Officer, who then sends them to the Officer in Charge of TSC, who then sends them down to the TSC office for investigation and approval. The approval process works exactly the same way in reverse order.

I can say that there is a new USMC Contract Officer that took over in the summer when the previous USMC MAJ retired. Whether there were other personnel changes as well, I do not know. I am not sure if there is a political power struggle going on within the ranks, or if there were other political/operational changes made that is causing the delays. I can say with certainty that over the last few months there have been several instances of "misplaced" paperwork, and the excuse of "Oh, I thought I already sent those to you" when my team reaches out to inquire about them.

In regards to the SF97s, we are seeing even more issues. in fact the last batch we received were all stamped with the date as "2019", and some that were signed by the USMC in the wrong block. Whether these were actual mistakes, or intentional just to prove a point, I have no clue. Understand this though, for every member on this site that has an issue, there are probably 5-10 that aren't on this site. This issue is not only causing frustration on your end, but exponentially more work for my team, from having to re-produce SF97s to fielding multiple phone calls and emails on a daily basis from p*!@ed off customers. All I can tell you is we are doing our best to work with the govt civilians and contract officers to fix the process on their end and allow a little more transparency for us, so we can stop giving the answer of "We don't know" to everyone.

WWIILBird

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PHasty, why not stop selling units until the kinks are worked out? Why continue selling and keeping people hanging for months and many phone calls leading to incredible frustration on our part as well as your staffs if you folks know the process isn't working. All it's doing is reputational damage to your company and creating a bad client experience. In my case I paid with fees and taxes close to $30k within three days 8/23 as required and here it is 12/22 and no title. All my vehicles are revenue generating except this purchase and with each week I'm losing revenue. Had I known this I would not have gone in this direction. I currently have a large paperweight which I'm paying insurance on since purchase. Item 1766185. As a side note, it is refreshing to see a comment from a representative of GP, so thank you for your feedback in this post. SS is an excellent site!

sandcobra164

I'm hoping this issue gets resolved soon. I'm waiting on paperwork to come through so I can pick up 4 of these for members on here. I thought it would have happened before December and I would have had a chance to get 4 more trucks running and on there way home to the Proud new owners. One member wants to send me 3 sets of X doors to install for the trip but without a release, I can't do anything.

EdMontana

I know it has been awhile since I have posted, especially since the process has been running smooth up until the last few months. I understand everyone's frustration, but I can assure you that it probably fails to equal mine. As to an answer, I have no clue what is going on with the USMC EUC approval process. Nothing on our end has changed. I have a few ideas, but nothing I can say for certain, just my own gut feeling.

With the DLA EUCs, we have concurrent reporting, meaning that we send the EUC requests directly to TSC at the same time we send them to DLA. TSC sends the approvals directly to us at the same time they send them to DLA. With the USMC EUC requests we are not authorized, by contract, to send them directly to TSC. They have to be sent to the USMC Contract Officer, who then sends them to the Officer in Charge of TSC, who then sends them down to the TSC office for investigation and approval. The approval process works exactly the same way in reverse order.

I can say that there is a new USMC Contract Officer that took over in the summer when the previous USMC MAJ retired. Whether there were other personnel changes as well, I do not know. I am not sure if there is a political power struggle going on within the ranks, or if there were other political/operational changes made that is causing the delays. I can say with certainty that over the last few months there have been several instances of "misplaced" paperwork, and the excuse of "Oh, I thought I already sent those to you" when my team reaches out to inquire about them.

In regards to the SF97s, we are seeing even more issues. in fact the last batch we received were all stamped with the date as "2019", and some that were signed by the USMC in the wrong block. Whether these were actual mistakes, or intentional just to prove a point, I have no clue. Understand this though, for every member on this site that has an issue, there are probably 5-10 that aren't on this site. This issue is not only causing frustration on your end, but exponentially more work for my team, from having to re-produce SF97s to fielding multiple phone calls and emails on a daily basis from p*!@ed off customers. All I can tell you is we are doing our best to work with the govt civilians and contract officers to fix the process on their end and allow a little more transparency for us, so we can stop giving the answer of "We don't know" to everyone.
I understand what you are saying and thank you for replying, but I think this whole buying process should be renewed by GP to avoid a bad reputation that is already growing in the www. I for once purchased and PAID for something to be delivered in "up to 3 months", this information was provided by GP, if GP cannot honor the promise for whatever reason, customers should be notified AND offered full refund. For what I see, will be a pain to get the vehicle and a nightmare to receive the SF97....GP must understand that customers cannot be on promises or waiting forever pass the promised date, a deadline should be placed. Is there a refund process taking place or being planned? I think something more progressive must be done for the customers because when customers starting lawyer up it will be more costly to GP, I guarantee.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quoting myself, that's got to be a bad sign...

Anyway, the M1045A2 from Albany, sale date 8/29/18, had the EUC approved today, so 4.5 months. For my part, it is just as well since I have had a lot of business travel lately and am just now getting free to go get it. Still, the uncertainty about what might be going on with the vehicle is not good. As several have noted, it is not very good business on GP's part to provide no information at all as the 3 month mark goes by. You can buy some trivial item on E**y/A*****n and you get a notice if it is going to be late.

EdMontana

Well, passed the 3 months now....lets see what will happen, I am not happy at all with the way GP is handling this, no checking on status, no communication, no one knows anything, very frustrating.

If they were better prepared this delay would not be at the buyers expense in waiting time without money AND vehicle, GL always have the SF-97 in hands "before" putting anything for auction

sandcobra164

I got good news today, member EdMontana got his release and I'm back in business! I hope to get his truck and 3 others off the base soon. I've got release paperwork for one and I'm ready for more. Just a note, I'm a hobbyist like most on here. Recovering trucks and equipment is not my full time job. I will help you anyway I can but most of my work is done after business hours and recoveries require me to take annual leave from work. It's paid time off but I owe it to my Supervisor to give him some advance notice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks