• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ouverson Lockout Hub rebuild

rtadams89

My truck came with Ouverson lockout hubs on it. I'm planning on taking them off to do some other axle work, and figured I would inspect/clean up the lockout hubs while I'm at it. I reached out to Ouverson via their website, but haven't heard back. Based on my research (mainly this post: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?34051-Ouverson-Lockout-Hubs-Problem/page2) it seems the Ouverson lockouts have two o-rings inside them and the gasket between the lockout cap and the hub.

1) Do I need a special gasket for the cap/hub, or do I just use the stock gasket?
2) What size, and how many o-rings do I need to rebuild the lockouts?
3) What should I torque the 8 small hex-head bolts to when I reassemble?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks