• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M548 tracks

L1A1

I may be wrong here (frequently am :doh:) but doesn't the M548 use the same track(shoes), road wheels and sprockets as the M113APC?

Matt

snowtrac nome

I may be wrong here (frequently am :doh:) but doesn't the M548 use the same track(shoes), road wheels and sprockets as the M113APC?

Matt
Yes but the 548 uses a few more shoes per track otherwise the components are the same. The other thing that is different as I remember is the torsion bars are longer to.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also found complete suspension kits for the M548 I didn't even know I had. If you need one, shoot me a PM. I am going to take a walk out today and see if I have any pins, or just all tracks.
View attachment 760504
But your kit is missing the tensioners, they leak down and need attention often. They are a PITA to rebuild.

If the tensioners were there, i'd offer to buy them!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I recall hauling two sets from MO to MD on a M1061 trailer behind my deuce. As soon as they hit the trailer the suspension groaned. The truck was groaning going up and down the Appalachian Mountains.

Roughly what are shoes bringing these days (granted it's based on condition but what's the ball park)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks