• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adapters for LAV wheels to M37 and variants

m376x6

I've just shipped another set of adapter plates to a friend and fellow enthusiast out in California. I have another set just about ready to ship and thought I would offer them here on Soldiers. If anyone is interested please email me at
b r y a n s a g e @ a o l . c o m please omit the spaces. I have used these wheels on my 6x6 for almost a coule of years and they are great. I also have the LAV wheels, rings, and spratts that make the wheel tubeless. They will also work with the 9.00-16 tires as long as they are rated tubeless. The newer version I am machining now have an outer groove that assists in the welding of the plate to the wheel. The picture of the adapter here is the first I machined from plate steel. Thanks

Attachments

m376x6

The last one. The 8 bolts you see on the outer wheel diameter are there for pretty. I have experimented with different ideas and have even left them open. I like the bolts through the backside with nuts on the outside, it makes them resemble the older combat wheels. They will clear disc brake setups easilly and bring the tire out just over an inch from stock width. They fit all Dodge trucks with the stock 5 lug Budd pattern and need no modification to the truck, just simply bolt them on. The plates are slightly thicker than the stock wheel.

I have the dimensions to make a set for the M715 series, would anyone be interested?

Bryan

Attachments

El_Guapo

I recently got 8 LAV wheels as part of a lot. I have no use for them. Two of the wheels have the lock rings the other 6 don't. If anyone wants them PM me and make an offer. In light of shipping cost be warned they are 53 pounds each.

Attachments

m376x6

Adapters

I've worked out the machining process for an adapter that will bolt on to the Dodges and then use lug nuts for the LAV wheel. No welding involved. My hold up right now is finding a lug nut so I can source them and the lug bolt that will fit the LAV wheels.

Regards,
M376X6

m376x6

LAV stands for Light Armored Vehicle. it is a Marine 8X8 that uses 16 inch tires. I believe the tires are now slightly larger than 11.00 but are still 16 inch. There are lots of
pictures of LAV-25's on the internet.

I finally found a picture with a good view of the lug nuts but haven't found a manufacturer that has something that will work. I'm hoping I can find someone who has both a parts/technical manual and access to Fedlog that can get me the part number and through Fedlog the last manufacturer of the lug nuts.

A one time machining of adapters that would have to be welded into an LAV wheel that would fit the M715 bolt pattern would have to run a round $125 a plate. Until I can resolve the lug nut dliema I'm stuck with weldable plates.

Regards,
Bryan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks