• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2018 - December VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Migginsbros

It´s raining today and we will go out for hunting some gifts for the family. Yes, the shops are open on Sunday. That´s not normal but these day´s it´s allowed.
But before we have to do something MV related. We check the on board stuff we still get with the truck.Wheel chains, chains for recovery, cable pulley,90 feed additional steel cable, blackout set for windows,mirrors, headlamps, etc.. Repaint the wheel lug wrench and the clutch pedal extension you have to use if no air power clutch assistant is available and you´re leg is not strong enough.;)

The box with the toggle switch is for communication with the troops in the back because they can´t knock at the rear window if something goes wrong.
So they have to give a signal to the driver. The Y-Pipe you install for getting warm air from the Diesel heater to warm up (in about 1.5 hours) the aircooled engine and the batterie compartment if temp is under -10°F (-25°C). Next days we have to repaint the wheel chocks.

IMG_7796.jpg IMG_7790.jpg IMG_7791.jpg IMG_7792.jpg IMG_7793.jpg IMG_7794.jpg IMG_7795.jpg

Happy holidays,
Migginsbros
IMG_7771.jpg

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Got to admit, this was the hardest vote yet. Too many super nice trucks at once!

There is a company here in the Kulmbach area, that make perfict replica MG42, MP40, StG44 and something else. Fine, fine weapons.

Migginsbros

Last post for now, it´s 13:00 local time.

We wish you a happy christmas eve. Found these Emergency Bearts behind the drivers seat, hahaha...

IMG_7799.jpg IMG_7803.jpg IMG_7797.jpg IMG_7802.jpg

Migginsbros :driver::driver:

CMPPhil

Needs its own childrens book

You got to love this truck, couldn't resist adding the eyes. When I first saw the pictures of this truck, my first thought was this thing deserves having a childrens book written about it. Maybe something like hauling feed to Santa's Raindeer during a blizzard. You can just see it driving to the North Pole.

Cheers Phil

Attachments

CMPPhil

OK a little campaigning

CMPPhil, time to hit the campaign trail. How about some pics of your truck??
Hi
Well I jumped into this race because it was dragging at the beginning with a very strong first truck in scarring us all away.

But being the Holiday Season here are some pictures of playing in the snow with CMPs in particular Beauty my 1942 C60S Pattern 13 Cab Radio Truck.
MV Christmas and Snow Photos(1).jpg3 CMPS SNOW.jpg

Off the three CMPS Beauty has always had the long highway legs it just like to run. With its original 216 cubic inch stovebolt Chevy motor we used to kid that it did 0-60 MPH in 12 minutes on flat ground with a slight tail wind. But it has always like to cruise once leading a convoy up Route 89 in New Hampshire drove it for over an hour never shifted gears never had my foot off the floor it would slow down on the hills to 30mph and pick up to about 65mph on the down grades. Now with 261cubic inch version of the stovebolt Chevy it is not any faster top end but it goes up hills a lot better.

When I want an MV for a long trip its Beauty that gets the nod. Last photo is coming back across the US Canadian Boarder.
CMP Boarder.png

Here is a little video you might get a kick out of.

https://youtu.be/Rd1IXU0fchA
Marry Christmas to all and Seasons Greetings.

Always a great group of vehicles each month in this thread.

Cheers Phil

8madjack

Hi
Well I jumped into this race because it was dragging at the beginning with a very strong first truck in scarring us all away.

But being the Holiday Season here are some pictures of playing in the snow with CMPs in particular Beauty my 1942 C60S Pattern 13 Cab Radio Truck.
View attachment 751704View attachment 751703

Off the three CMPS Beauty has always had the long highway legs it just like to run. With its original 216 cubic inch stovebolt Chevy motor we used to kid that it did 0-60 MPH in 12 minutes on flat ground with a slight tail wind. But it has always like to cruise once leading a convoy up Route 89 in New Hampshire drove it for over an hour never shifted gears never had my foot off the floor it would slow down on the hills to 30mph and pick up to about 65mph on the down grades. Now with 261cubic inch version of the stovebolt Chevy it is not any faster top end but it goes up hills a lot better.

When I want an MV for a long trip its Beauty that gets the nod. Last photo is coming back across the US Canadian Boarder.
View attachment 751702

Here is a little video you might get a kick out of.

https://youtu.be/Rd1IXU0fchA
Marry Christmas to all and Seasons Greetings.

Always a great group of vehicles each month in this thread.

Cheers Phil

Loved the video!

I already voted, didn't want to wait too long and neglect my duties. Awesome trucks, every one a winner honestly.

CMPPhil

There is a story behind that video

Hi

Glad you enjoyed the video there is a story behind the previous video and this one.

https://youtu.be/0tBZN6nn_zk

They started off as time and motion studies of how long does it take one man to pull and install engine in a CMP. Having three trucks of nearly identical engine compartment design wanted to look at all the steps. Done with a game camera set on motion detection. This is actually speeded up a lot but is actually comprised of many many individual photos. Has been useful remembering what order to do things.

If you add up the time, bottom left, it was taking me 7 hours from truck driving in to engine on the stand. But putting it back in takes a little longer 52 hours.

Cheers Phil

Remember in case of a tie, duplicate Decembers will be awarded.

Migginsbros

Good morning/good day to all your MV enthusiasts.
This time we´ve got the MAN 5ton was the first time they add some interesting paperwork with the truck.
We have a look at the usage off this truck since the year 2000. So we have records for not quite the half of his life.

IMG_7804.jpg IMG_20181125_150735.jpg

First entry is the 07.06.2000 (DD.MM.YYYY) , our MV served at the 7. Instandsetzungs Kompanie located in Kosovo as a member of the KFOR troops.
Some swaps to other Inst. or Logistic battalions and then at the 18.08.2005 the MAN shipped back to Darmstadt-Germany.

IMG_7806.jpg IMG_7805.jpg

And then in 2007 they changed the Engine, Trany, split, clutch, drive axels, brakes winch, heater......, great :jumpin::jumpin:
After that this MV was at the Flugabwehrlehrregiment in North Germany. After retired in 2012 with about 12/14.000 km on the odo(after the big rebuild) it took his commission at the Katastrophenschutz at the island Fehmarn which we purchased this MV 5 years and 2500 km later.

IMG_20181124_104405.jpg

Migginsbros

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks