• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First time 5 ton owner

Ajax MD

Ejection seat.

Just kidding. On my truck, in that location, the cable is to supply or cut off fresh air. You should see a cable running to the passenger's side footwell, to a damper. I have another t-handle that flaps between heat on your feet and defrosting the windshield. Of course, your truck is so heavily modified that I could be totally wrong.

RhinoTAC

it's settled...I would like to armor mine now...
Its not cheap, That I can promise you. When they built this truck the entire body was removed and built new using all AR500 plate steel. Its thickness varies from 1/4in up to 1in. The troop pod or TAC will seat up 21 men fully kitted out and 3 in the cab or 1 driver and 1 gunner in the turret. The glass is also bullet resistant with thickness at around 4in all the way around. Its not fast by any means. To even get to 45mph it takes a lot of effort and ton of fuel. Once I get the TAC pod removed I should be able to make her move along faster and consume a lot less fuel. Right now I average about 2.5mpg. I am still new at learning about the M809 series. I was a Grunt in the Corps so mechanics wasn't my specialty. I did however pick up an original paper back TM manual on ebay and I been reading it a lot. My next task is to replace the front axle boots as they are torn. And one day tackle the fuel throttle body as it has a slight drip from the throttle shaft seals.

RhinoTAC

What are your plans for it otherwise, if any?
I bought it to promote my business Texas Tactical Training Center. I use it in parades, concerts, open air venues just about anything to advertise the company. Eventually it will be used to shoot belt feds MG's from and it's on loan for any small police agencies that need it who cant afford armor for their officers while serving high risk warrants or barricade situations

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks