• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831A Oil Pressure Sender Suggestions

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for suggestions for a oil pressure sender (not a switch) for a MEP-831A.
1/8 NPT, reasonably priced, with either a nut/bolt terminal or spade connection.
Resistance of sender not critical.

AfghanVeteran2010

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would go with the same one thats on the MEP-802a, Mep803a. They are available through a few suppliers. Search "DATCON OIL PRESSURE TRANSMITTER PART NUMBER 02504" The one listed on eBay looks like a good deal. Hope this helps.

Part numbers for the oil pressure sending unit.Part number: 02504NSN: 6620-01-128-3053SMR Code: 16476

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes :cool:
Working on a unit that combines the Governor Controller with the Remote Start and adding Oil Pressure and Engine Temp. sensors.

Last edited:

glassk

20181217_174738.jpg
Do any of these look like something you are looking for?

about ten sending units and eight gauges, four pressure,...

smokem joe

I had found a low cost alternative for the 831 sending unit. It was from the same company as the OEM. I don't remember the part number off hand. A search may show it as I listed it here as a couple other people needed them.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had found a low cost alternative for the 831 sending unit. It was from the same company as the OEM. I don't remember the part number off hand. A search may show it as I listed it here as a couple other people needed them.
I found the thread. It was about the Low Oil Pressure SWITCH.
I'm looking to add a Oil Pressure SENDER to read the actual oil pressure.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would go with the same one thats on the MEP-802a, Mep803a. They are available through a few suppliers. Search "DATCON OIL PRESSURE TRANSMITTER PART NUMBER 02504" The one listed on eBay looks like a good deal. Hope this helps.

Part numbers for the oil pressure sending unit.Part number: 02504NSN: 6620-01-128-3053SMR Code: 16476
Ordered a couple off of fleabay today.

Demoh

I like the idea of using the same P/N as the 802/803 for simplicity, as long as parts availability is there. Im questioning the complexity of the mounting of that big thing though and if through a hose like the 802/3 the costs would be higher.

Best of both worlds would be to find a small lightweight sender that has the same sweep/values as the 802/3 so there are options.

Just ramblings here though.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just put a mechanical gauge on one of my 831's. Unfortunately the 802/803 sender won't work. aua
Oil Pressure at startup is ~125 PSI and Oil Pressure when warmed up is 80 PSI.
Looks like I have 2 spares senders coming for my 802..
Have a 150PSI sender on it's way to try this weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks