• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting Bench Seat to a Jump Seat

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone with a Deuce or 5 ton cut down a bench seat to make it into a small jump seat for the middle of the cab? I am planning to put in 2 springer seats and build a center console for my M813A1, but I would like to have the option for the 3rd person. I have a bunch of standard bench seats already and would like to use them for the project.

Thanks.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a good idea. Mount the passenter seat and then make some measurements. Cut the frame down and mount,
use the older style deuce seat base and back cushion.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I used the B... seat out of an LMTV (center seat) and mounted them to the battery box on my 5 ton and I put the easy grip knobs on the center one so I could fold it down and I fixed cupholders to the back of it for when I didnt have a rider.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used the B... seat out of an LMTV (center seat) and mounted them to the battery box on my 5 ton and I put the easy grip knobs on the center one so I could fold it down and I fixed cupholders to the back of it for when I didnt have a rider.
Sounds like a nice idea, but this would be on an M813 which has a narrower cab then your truck as you know. I don't think it would fit

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish I had saved pics but alas I didn't. There were a couple of folks who have done this in the past. One, if I recall, added drink holders to the back so when folded down, had a place for drinks.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey bud, can you post pics of this mod???

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish I had saved pics but alas I didn't. There were a couple of folks who have done this in the past. One, if I recall, added drink holders to the back so when folded down, had a place for drinks.
Any idea who? I'd love to do that

Jericho

I did just what your talking about a couple of years ago I did have a narrative and photos on here some where

Iceman3005

I removed the bench seat and installed an air ride. Will be installing an air ride driver seat this summer. 20181030_174649.jpg20181030_174623.jpg20181024_163912.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks