• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 painted and added bedlining

Survey0r

Finished painting my M1101 trailer. Had already lowered frame at axle and added different rims and tires. Also had converted to a regular 2" hitch.

2.jpgIMG_1057.jpgIMG_1058.jpg

Zed254

Attachments

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know they make an adapter for a pintle to a 2” receiver.
No cutting or welding required.

Croft trailer sells them.

https://www.crofttrailer.com/h3la3-croft-ring-to-coupler-adapter/
Very cool but...

All that keeps that thing from rotating on the ring is friction and the little set-screw? I recognize that they probably know more about the engineering aspect than I do, but I wish they would address it somewhere if for nothing more than the customers' comfort.

EDIT to add: Someone should order this and do a review on how well it works with the M1101 lunette ring. As long as that someone isn't me :p

Attachments

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m waiting for the review of it as well.
Definitely not for really heavy loads but looks to be fine for most users.

Survey0r

I had looked at the Croft hitch but decided not to go that route. They didn't look that strong and also quite cumbersome to tighten the hitch to the ball. Thanks

dougco1

Very cool but...

All that keeps that thing from rotating on the ring is friction and the little set-screw? I recognize that they probably know more about the engineering aspect than I do, but I wish they would address it somewhere if for nothing more than the customers' comfort.

EDIT to add: Someone should order this and do a review on how well it works with the M1101 lunette ring. As long as that someone isn't me :p
I wish they made a hitch attachment that is reversed "standard ball hitch to a 2" pintle ring". My tow vehicles all have the original military pintle hitches and I don't want to change them out to the pintle/ball style hitch just to tow a civilian trailer once in a blue moon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks