• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Appraisal for Title, Grand Rapids, Michigan

donner1122

Hello everyone!
Over the summer I bought an 1952 m211 (m215? It has a dump bed) on Craigslist for about $1000. The drive train is in good condition but all the brake lines were completely rotted so I've been replacing all lines and rebuilding the cylinders.

Anyways, it didn't come with a title when I bought it. So I've been trying to apply for a title using Michigan's self certification method (over 15 years old and under $2500). However the DMV is insisting it needs an appraisal.

Anyone have information on where to get this done in Grand Rapids Michigan? Or any titling information in general? I've been contacting dealers and mechanics in the area but it seems they all use Kelly blue book or similar and the deuce wouldn't be there.

Thanks!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello everyone!
Over the summer I bought an 1952 m211 (m215? It has a dump bed) on Craigslist for about $1000. The drive train is in good condition but all the brake lines were completely rotted so I've been replacing all lines and rebuilding the cylinders.

Anyways, it didn't come with a title when I bought it. So I've been trying to apply for a title using Michigan's self certification method (over 15 years old and under $2500). However the DMV is insisting it needs an appraisal.

Anyone have information on where to get this done in Grand Rapids Michigan? Or any titling information in general? I've been contacting dealers and mechanics in the area but it seems they all use Kelly blue book or similar and the deuce wouldn't be there.

Thanks!
Call Miedema Auctioneering, they can do it. It isn't cheap . I had a backhoe appraised for a estate last year the cheapest I found was $100 + mileage for to come from their office to your location . It has to come from a licensed appraiser that why dealer don't do it.. You might do better with the bill of sale and pictures and go to a rural S.O.S. office in person. Also get a V.I.N. inspection first . Form TR-54
https://www.michigan.gov/documents/TR-54_38480_7.pdf

https://www.miedemaauctioneering.com/

1952 xm211 vin location
This should help with the V.I.N. location.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks