• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vox system

BLK HMMWV

86 humv has Vic 3 systems complete some times. lite series and full size
Others have gone with non military style systems.
Are you trying to incorporate it with any military radios?
The VIC 1 system is the older version for the 524 series radios.

Lindsaym151

I think I need to do more research on this before I jump!
Where 's the best place to dive into reading about this system?
Thanks for your help so far

papakb

If your knowledgeable electronically and don't have to have a full blown military system what I did was to mount a Softcomm ATC-4PS aircraft intercom in a small military case to do my intercom. They're available at pretty reasonable prices used online and by wiring the output to military connectors they'll work with military headsets. I guess Softcomm was bought out by Sigtronics as they are selling new units under their Sigtronics SPA-400 label. One of the nicest things is they will run on 24 volts so no voltage conversion is necessary and you can connect either a radio or music player to them.

Sigtronics SPA-400.jpg

Last edited:

coachgeo

There are apps you can use on cell phones that act like vox walkie talkie thus you can use any headset that will go in the phone. they are NOT internet dependent. They basically either use bluetooth or they set up a miniature wifi you might call it "between phones". Can be used outside the vehicle too and while hiking or hunting if your not miles apart. couple hundred yard is about it most likely.

Number 4 is the one in below link that seems to fit this vox need the best.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-walkie-talkie-app/

Last edited:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you like the military look...Then Vic-3 is the best system.

BLK HMMWV

The 524 goes with the older VIC-1 system
The VIC-3 and VIC-3 lite go with the newer radios but I believe they can work as a stand alone system without a radio.
I'll let him reply regarding cost.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks