• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with finding correct gauge cluster / printed circuit.

KI4FKW

I'm in need of replacing my gauge cluster (the actual white plastic tub that everything mounts in) and the printed circuit.

Does anyone know which ones on LMC are the correct ones? A tiny picture with no description other than the version number doesn't help me.

I need to replace the entire unit due to paint over spray and the tab that the gear selector wire goes around being broken off. My printed circuit is dirty, and some of the tabs are bent out of whack.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=90

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GM part numbers are provided in the military technical manuals. For parts look at the ones ending in "P".

cucvrus

Just a little tip. The gear selector cable guide can be fixed with a screw and a spacer. It will work for years. Drill an 1/8" hole in the steel dash and direct the cable over the should of the screw and a smooth spacer to act as a glide area. Or replace the entire cluster. That small steel cable can act like a saw and cut right thru the plastic guide area on a new cluster. A little grease on the selector needle slide and the cable guide will go a long way. 38-8036 was the circuit board I purchased in the past from LMC and it is Made in USA. Happy Holidays.

cucvrus

Backing Plate? Are you meaning "Cluster Housing"??? Hard item to find. If you can use the one you have and make everything work. You would be better off. I can't say I ever seen or used an aftermarket cluster housing.

dependable

The "cluster housing" part is the same on almost all chevy trucks of the era, the circuit and alternator light configuration is the only part specific to the CUCVs, so they are easy find in parts trucks.

impulsive21

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes cluster housing. Mine is okish some of the corner sections that mount it to the dash area are broken off but I can make sure with small washers. I cleaned up all connections on my printed circuit but it too is getting slightly brittle , I mean it's way flexible but there are some splits not too bad but can also make it work.

WECSOG

The part number for the circuit board is 25053623 Classic industries has that part listed by that number in their inventory. $69.99

I just happened to have my gauge cluster apart last week took the below pics. It's the circuit board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeb

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The part number for the circuit board is 25053623 Classic industries has that part listed by that number in their inventory. $69.99
I just happened to have my gauge cluster apart last week took the below pics. It's the circuit board.

Please post pics direct to Steel Soldiers.

Those links will eventually go dead and help no one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks