• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP16B injector pump

nortonl

I cannot get this thing off to save my life....it comes off the block about a half inch and then it is just stuck and I dont want to pull too hard and damage it. I have 2 units and both are doing the same...no fuel through the inj pump any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

nortonl

Perhaps you need to look in the -34 TM. Start about at page 6-3, paragraph 6-3. Read about the removal process.
thats the first thing I did....this thing is stuck good! maybe i did not have it in the middle of it movement , it did not try to pop out as the screws came loose so i assume the cam was at the low point. Im stumped

nortonl

thats the first thing I did....this thing is stuck good! maybe i did not have it in the middle of it movement , it did not try to pop out as the screws came loose so i assume the cam was at the low point. Im stumped
tried moving the engine to no avail.

Guyfang

Staff member
And you followed these steps below? Centered the external arm of the governor linkage? Because that's whats holding it in.

PDF reader page 117

Remove tie wrap (6) and injection line (4).
Remove supply line (7).
Remove clamps (8) and return line (9).
Remove clamp (10) and hose (11).
MARINE CORPS TM 05926B/06509B-34
ARMY TM 5-6115-615-34
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-646-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-386-32
If pump is pushed upwards as screws (12) are removed, rotate
crankshaft approximately 90° to rotate camshaft to low
point of cam lobe.
Remove three screws (12) and washers (13).
Position external arm of governor linkage (1, Figure 6-3) to midpoint of
travel and remove injection pump (14, Figure 6-2) and shims (15).

Do not remove actuator or fork unless damaged, refer to TM 05926B/06509B-
12/TM 5-6115-615-12/NAVFAC P-8-646-12/TO 35C2-3-386-31 manual, paragraph 4-

nortonl

And you followed these steps below? Centered the external arm of the governor linkage? Because that's whats holding it in.

PDF reader page 117

Remove tie wrap (6) and injection line (4).
Remove supply line (7).
Remove clamps (8) and return line (9).
Remove clamp (10) and hose (11).
MARINE CORPS TM 05926B/06509B-34
ARMY TM 5-6115-615-34
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-646-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-386-32
If pump is pushed upwards as screws (12) are removed, rotate
crankshaft approximately 90° to rotate camshaft to low
point of cam lobe.
Remove three screws (12) and washers (13).
Position external arm of governor linkage (1, Figure 6-3) to midpoint of
travel and remove injection pump (14, Figure 6-2) and shims (15).

Do not remove actuator or fork unless damaged, refer to TM 05926B/06509B-
12/TM 5-6115-615-12/NAVFAC P-8-646-12/TO 35C2-3-386-31 manual, paragraph 4-
Yes I did

Guyfang

Staff member
The few times I had to do this procedure, it worked just like the book outlines. Wasn't easy, but it did work. When I get home, I will review the procedure again. Maybe something will click in my head.

nortonl

The few times I had to do this procedure, it worked just like the book outlines. Wasn't easy, but it did work. When I get home, I will review the procedure again. Maybe something will click in my head.
thanks guy! this thing has been sitting for a long time so i assume its just locked up.I have 2 of them i bought on a trailer and the other one is acting the exact same way, but im scared to dissasemble both at the same time.

Guyfang

Staff member
Your injection pump rack is in the wrong place. That's the only thing holding it in. Can not be anything else. I remember that we had to get it JUST RIGHT before it came out. Putting it back in is a pain also.

Just whats wrong with these sets? The probability of both having the same problem is slim. Tell us what it will and will not do.

Penzienco

Hello new to forum. I am having same issue as this with a mep701a does anyone know how to solve this problem of stuck pump rack? Is it the plunger arm in wrong position to pull up out of block? How do I move it without tearing down engine? Thx Jp

Penzienco

Solved with vice grips on input shaft and light tapping on pump to line up properly to remove. Hopefully didn’t mess up shaft but definitely have a partially seized pump thx

Penzienco

On the pump there is a round pin that slides front to back to turn fuel on and off to engine ,the input shaft operated by the shutoff solenoid has a v-shaped cradle that moves the pin back and forth. The pin is likely seized. I pulled the top of injection pump apart,be careful of spring and small parts you can remove with needle nose. There is a brass sleeve down ther with a hole and grove. Spray lubricant down there and pull pump up as far as you can and try to spray lubricant down side of pump through notch in block. Remove shutoff linkage from shaft and I used vice grips on shaft after putting nut back on threads as to not damage them,maybe thereÂ’s a better way to turn shaft without damaging shaft because I did a little but think itÂ’s going to be ok. While tapping on top of pump with small hammer and putting pressure on vice grip ie shaft was able to eventually move front to back. The shaft has to be in centered position of travel in order for pump to pull straight out. On mine the flat spot on shaft was straight up, it only moves 90 degrees max back and forth. Hope this helps. Jp

Penzienco

Also forgot to mention that if you already had linkage removed from ip shaft you could have positioned v-cradle improperly on pump pin you’ll have to pull pump up and rotate both directions while spinning ip shaft to reposition pin on cradle,you know it’s right when ip shaft will not turn without rotating pump when fully back down on block.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks