• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RhinoTAC fully armored 5 ton Prototype

RhinoTAC

So I am new here and trying to figure out where exactly I fit in on the page. I found that I am good in the 5ton forum and this one as well since my M813A1 is fully armored and it's also an armored troop carrier hence the "TAC" which stands for Transportable Armored Capsule.

Now this is a 1979 AM General M813A1 with an entire armor package as well as aluminum 20in wheels and 1400 Michelin X run flats. The drive train is original which I recieved with only 1 hour on the engine and less than 8 miles total. It sits at around 42,000 pounds. It's quite fun to drive now that I've gotten use to the non turbo engine. And its a great advertisement piece for my company.
Also the vehicle was built by Armour Group out of Fort Lauderdale. It was a prototype for the Yemenis Military in 2011. The contract never happened and the company flopped. This is the only 1 of it's kind ever built. There was just a M813A1 truck can armored but didnt come with a TAC. The RhinoTAC package that I have retails for about $175,000.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard Sir. That is an Interesting truck for sure. There was more than one though. All of these pics were taken on the same day. I'll say though, their glass man made some phenominal one way bulletproof glass.

Attachments

Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad the company flopped. Nice truck. I wonder where they got their ISO beds.

RhinoTAC

Welcome aboard Sir. That is an Interesting truck for sure. There was more than one though. All of these pics were taken on the same day. I'll say though, their glass man made some phenominal one way bulletproof glass.
Lol! That is my truck sir. Those photos are when it was being built by armour group down in Florida. I promise you my RhinoTAC was the only one ever produced and finished by the now obsolete company. They were due to produce 40 RhinoTAC trucks for the Yemenis government but Yemen had their civil war and the contract never happened. Therefore armour group sold off their entire inventory and prototype vehicles before the bank seized everything. However their is 1 more desert tan armored M813 out there is is just lacking thr armored troop carrier in the back.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the origin of all the pics, I took them. All of my pics were taken on the same day. The completed truck and then other cab, nose and tac box. Those parts were completed into a second truck. I was literally in the shop 3 days a week. The trucks from Clark in WV were all part of a giant merge, split between them and Mike Sarafan.

RhinoTAC

I know the origin of all the pics, I took them. All of my pics were taken on the same day. The completed truck and then other cab, nose and tac box. Those parts were completed into a second truck. I was literally in the shop 3 days a week. The trucks from Clark in WV were all part of a giant merge, split between them and Mike Sarafan.
You have a contact for me? I need some questions answered about the Armor the capsule generator answered

RhinoTAC

You have a contact for me? I need some questions answered about the Armor the capsule generator answered

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Feel free to send me a PM. I didn't work for them, rather, their business was within Port Everglades jurisdiction where I worked. I would go out there and shoot the bull with the gang. As far as inner workings of the trucks, I have no idea. I got the red carpet tour of truck 1 and watched the progress as they built truck 2. All of the pics of the nose, bare cab and tac box we're the stuff fabbed for truck 2. They were about 90% done with it when they moved their operation out of the port. I lost contact after that.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any idea where their components like their ISO beds and other parts went? Recovry4x4's other photos show they had quite a few trucks they were going to convert before the contract flopped, I wonder where they went.

RhinoTAC

Not a clue, contact bullet motorsports in Ft Laudy they bought most of their heavy trucks and armored vehicles. They may still have some stuff laying around. I know he always has HMMWV's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks